Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
There was a car alarm installed in my car when I got it and I want to possibly use it. However I am not sure how it works. Like is it one where you can just set off the alarm via a panic button on a remote or does it go off when you try to open the car door?
Is there a way to figure out what I have?
The only clue is the siren that I took out of the engine bay.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I would guess the siren was the only thing left from an old install or something. I mean, unless it came with keychain remotes or something like that, how would you even arm it? What would be the point of a remote that only had a panic mode, anyway? It has to sound when someone tries to get into the car, or it's 100% worthless.

Do you have a remote? Have you located the "brain" of the alarm? Is it even in the car? Unless everything is there and wired up and working properly, including a way to arm/disarm the system, what's the point? If you find all this stuff, it will probably have a model number that you can use to get a manual for it. If you can't find all this stuff, I'd pull the siren out and trash it or just install a new alarm system, one that you know was installed correctly, know how to operate, and know that you can depend on to warn you if someone breaks into your car.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea your right. I think if I get a new one installed they would tear out the remains of the old one to so I would kill two birds with one stone. Also about a panic button being useless I totaly agree!!!
However my dad's 04 Honda Civic has a button on the remote that makes the horn start honking...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.