Honda CRX Forum banner

MY CAR GOT BROKEN INTO I HATE THIS WORLD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

4K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  1QWKCRX 
#1 ·
so yesterday i come home from washing mom's car and i go to my car and what do i see on my passenger seat MY FUCKING CONSOLE!!! and the door was locked so i go over the the driver side and it's unlocked and on my floor is sitting like the bracket that holds the deck and cubby hole thing. and screws are all over the place and i look behind my seat and my divider is dropped down and then what do i see THEY USED MY OWN FUCKING TOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

they stole my cd deck my sweet ass touch screen jvc. and it's not like i have a job to get money and by a new one. oh and to get in all they did was jam a flat head inbetween the handle assembly and the door and pop it out so now it don't lock from the outside. I need to fix it and i need an alarm so next on the agenda alarm and fixing the door. I HATE ALL THESE FUCKING THIEVES.

i hope that these people are forced to pop their own testicles cut off their penises with a butter knife and use tabasco for eye drops then be beaten with a hammer.

#3 ·
*sigh* what a world we live in. My condolences to you. look on the brighter side though, they left your car mostly intact. if they were anywhere near decent, they could have easily hotwired it and taken it to. Things could have been a lot worse, not to say they wernt very bad. My deepest regrets and i agree with your statement about maiming there ummmm...manhood.

#5 ·
I agree...it sucks, BUT, it could be a lot worse.
Did you learn anything from the experience? It's good that you're thinking alarm. Time to layer some security...
1. Get the cheapest, most common replacement CD player(preferably a stock Honda/Acura) that will satisfy your needs. This discourages theft and even if it is stolen in the future, the financial hit is minimized.
2. Pick and install an alarm. Here's some great tips that emphasizes smart installation over fancy models: http://www.vsracing.net/~suspended/
3. It sounds like they used a slimjim and effed up the rod that runs from your inside handle/locking mechanism to the outside handle/keyhole. This is probably the most common means of access.
It can be prevented. You can either protect the rod or remove it completely.
To protect it, you basically fab a barrier that prevents a slimjim from being able to reach the rod. Take off your interior door panel and take a look...a simple metal lip or sheath will do the trick.
To remove this rod, get some 88-91 sedan rear handles. No key hole, no reason to run the rod. Install some automatic locks that are triggered by your new alarm.
4. Don't leave tempting stuff in plain site. If you have to leave stuff in the car...
5. Obscure the view...get the darkest a$$ tint thats legal. Use the oem cargo divider/cover to hide whats in the trunk.
6. And while your car didn't get stolen, I would be thinking long and hard about a manual fuel kill switch. This is the cheapest, easiest means of protecting your car (if you ask me)
7. Pay a little more attention to where you leave it/for how long. Most of us do this already but it bears mentioning for the clueless.
8. Enhance external security when possible...wherever you park it at home. Things like motion sensitive lights, proximity to a dog, even parking in a garage. Security cameras have even gotten ultra cheap. I bought one for my parents house over x-mas. Motion activated, low light/IR capability that feeds to a computer hard drive or VHS recorder for about $140

So yes, it sucks, but you'll get over it...

#7 ·
Sucks man, happened to me when I lived in IL...they SMASHED MY WINDOW in the parking lot of my place of employment (if you can't break into an 87 CRX get out of the game, you are even dumber than most theives). Stole my CD player, amp, sub and box, and worst of all my toolbox with ALL of my hand tools in it, plus specialized things like compression testers, etc. Insurance covered everything but the tools, since they are personal property and not part of the vehicle. Didn't realize just how many tools I had bought until I got a Craftsman mechanics tool set to replace it and realized I had bought a TON of other sockets and wrenches and stuff, all being used by theives and people who buy crap from theives...

I'll never forget walking toward my car and thinking WTF I didn't leave the window down...then hearing CRUNCH CRUNCH under my feet as I stepped on broken glass GRRRRRRR if I ever caught someone in my car I would beat them with a tire iron until I was exhausted, then I would take a break and then beat them some more.

#10 ·
You should not even get a cd player. If your music is on cds, then its time to upgrade to an mp3 player. Transfer all your cds to it and get a tape deck with one of those tape kits. No one will want to steal your tape deck.
I had a pretty cheap cd player in my car and it still got stolen. Sorry about your door, same thing happened on my old ek. It was worse on the crx though. The f@ckers pryed my sunroof open (it was tilted). So they bent the sunroof panel in half, bent the tracks, and put like 5 nasty dents in the roof next to the panel from using it as a pry point.
Now my car sits in a garage locked with 2 locks, alarm with 2 hidden sirens, auto lock, kill switch, and its blocked in at night by my girlfriend's car.
I ride my bicycle to work.

#12 ·
My dad told me a story about his Austin Healy that stuck with me. He kept a ratty old blanket in there (ostensibly to use for dates with my mother). Nothing else was in the car. So some thief slit the expensive convertible roof to steal the nappy blanket.

I have the factory radio and nothing of worth in my car. I have an alarm and a kill switch. I don't park at the mall or other areas populated with young-uns.

#15 ·
SETI20 said:
Car alarms are the crickets of the city. So unless you can hear it yourself, it's as good as useless.
True. Get a two-way pager alarm.

SETI20 said:
Think theft prevention. Don't leave anything in the car that can get stolen.
True again. I would say don't leave anything in your car to attract thieves. And I mean anything -- college textbooks, nice radio, CDs, etc. Shorte even fabbed a fake front for his radio so he looks like he has the POS stock unit. I of course, am perfectly happy with my POS stock unit. Either way, it doesn't look like anything worth stealing.

Then there are kill switches. Get 'em. Shorte also fabbed a lock for his parking brake! Hard to drive with your real wheels locked.

You are just trying to make the car more of a PITA to mess with than its value to the thief.

#16 ·
Savage said:
they stuck a flathead between the door and the handle assembly area and i guess it unlocks the car. but yeah i want to get a compustar the most top of the line one like 700 dollars but no job so we're gunna wait. worst part is it was in my driveway.
They broke into my car the same way a couple years ago. Pop the door handle out and then you can pop the lock with the driver. Sorry to hear about it :cry:

#17 ·
Charles said:
Get a two-way pager alarm.
I can't seem to find it now, so maybe I just dreamed it up, but I thought I saw an add-on device that interfaced an alarm with the cell phone system. You just wire it up, insert a SIM card and configure it. If the alarm is triggered, the interface will send a text message to your cell phone indicating what was triggered. You could also send a message back to the car to activate accessories, arm/disarm the alarm system, whatever.
That would solve a few problems as I see it... It would eliminate the extra bulk of a 2-way remote and extend the range to anywhere you get cell phone reception. None of this 1/4 mile BS - You could be on vacation in another state and still keep an eye on your car... Though I'm not sure what you could do about it if something triggered the system. Maybe set up a tear-gas canister on one of the aux channels? A camera and image transmitting capabilities would make it perfect.

#19 ·
I've seen that done where they pop off the outside door handle. It messed up the door on our car.

One quick, CHEAP way to protect your car is wire in a switch inline with your fuel sending unit (under the cargo tray or back seat). Hide the switch, and when you leave the car, hit the switch. Instant fuel cut off. Also, put a piece of electrical tape over your VIN number. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to walk into a honda dealer with the VIN and get a key cut.

As far as THINGS being stolen out of the car, there is NO sure fire way without sitting on a roof top 24/7 with a rifle and a scope. Just do what you can.

#20 ·
There are ways around everything. The fuel pump killswitches can be bypassed by pulling out the cargo bin and reconnecting the wires at the fuel pump, The VIN is also on the firewall, and it's not hard to pop the hood by pulling on the cable in the driver's wheel well. There may also be local laws requiring that the VIN be visible. The safest way to keep your car intact is to park it in a garage, but not all of us have that luxury. All we can do is hope that people respect each other's things.

#21 ·
baker_jeff said:
:(
I forked over $320 for the newest compustar yesterday. It's going in ASAP! I also have multiple other "Devices" to keep thieves from takin my car.
Sorry about your bad luck! I hate thieves :evil:
Yeah, it is never good news to hear stuff like this BUT you are the typical import guy: spend tons of cash on performance mods but not a penny on security. Sorry to sound so harsh, but I have had MANY friends here in town over the past few years who did the same thing, and all had thier cars stolen or broken into and they lost most or all of what they worked so hard for. Why?
It doesn't take much to deter the common thief or some punk kid looking for an easy score. Obviously, professionals will get your car no matter what if they want it bad enough - but DONT make it easy for them!
Anything is better than nothing. People joke, but if one car has The Club and the same car next to it doesn't, chances are the thief will go for the easy target. Even a blinking led light on your dash (which may set you back a whole $1 - gasp!) is a good start.
I personally believe in layering security. You can NEVER have too much protection! Tracking systems, alarms, immobilizers, wheel locks, get them all if you can ( I have!) I even installed motion sensors in my driveway.

Hopefully, all of you who read this will think twice about your cars. It is a sad fact, but there are scum bags out there shopping - maybe for YOUR car. So be prepared - not sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.