Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
734 Posts
stickershop said:
So...basically, they want to take your car away? Are they insane? It's not like your perfectly good car is severely damaged. The stereo equipment just needs replacing. And that is why you pay insurance premiums...to protect yourself against financial burden under unforeseen circumstances. No doubt that they will get more than $1500 if they sell your car to someone else. They need to come back to the table with a realistic proposal.
It doesn't matter. I can't see the damage being that much, but even if it was, if they total it they cut you a check for what they consider the full value of the car (in this case, 2 grand) and then you can buy the car back for the salvage value of it (usually a couple hundred bucks). So it really makes no difference whether you get a check for the damage, or they total it and you buy it back. The only real problem might be that the total/buyback option might leave you with a salvage title, which can suck if you want to sell the car at some point.

· Registered
734 Posts
WHY wouldn't they pay to replace your stuff? Do you have full coverage? When my car got broken into my insurance (full coverage) paid to replace my broken window, and paid to replace all my stolen stereo stuff (head unit, sub, amp, sub box). The only thing that wasn't covered was my tools that were stolen, because while my policy covers stereo equipment as part of the vehicle, it does not cover personal property that is stolen out of my vehicle.

It depends on how your policy is worded, but I would think any decent coverage would at least cover the damage to your vehicle (if nothing else, as vandalism). Read up on your policy very carefully and fight for what you deserve to get, and don't accept a settlement that you aren't happy with. If your policy SHOULD cover it, fight for it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.