Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this moring as I was getting ready to leave for work I noticed my passenger door window busted. They pretty much trashed my center console trying to get out the cd player, which they took. They also got my amp and my shoes I wear to the gym. They had to be at least two of them if they were on foot considering how much they were carrying. I believe they were on foot because I found the rest of my center console that was attached to the cd player up the stree a bit. They also got my checkbook which I keep in the glove box in case of emergencies. I also had an old wallet in the glove box but all it had in it was some business cards so they left that on my passenger seat.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brx017 said:
Bummer dude.

How did they take your amp... cut the wires or unhook everything?
I don't think they had the tools on them to cut the wires. Even my radio harness is still intact. The only wires broken is my power and ground to the head unit. Luckily they didn't damage my RCA connections because they cost a pretty penny.

The insurance adjuster was just over and she is wanting to salvage my car, Claiming the damage is equal to or greater then 75% of the vehicle value which she lists at $2000. I guess it doesn't matter that I have nearly a $1000 in the trans alone.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good news: They are not going to Salvage my Car.
Bad news: They are not going to pay for any of my repairs or stolen items.

So basically I am out about a grand. Funny thing is I was going to buy a new amp and Cd Player in March. I think this time I am going to mount the amp under my passenger seat if I can find one small enough to fit.

And a new Clifford Alarm is going in this Weekend. I purchased the one with the Responder.

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I changed my Policy to full coverage when I took my car out of storage this past fall. I asked to have the collision deductable set to $1000. I didn't even think about having the comprehensive set lower. Well that has now changed. I called the same day that they told me they wouldn't pay for any damage or stolen property. I had it changed to $100, only raised my rates $8 a month. Figures....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.