Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my new crx is all reg. and ins. i fixed the exhaust and put on a used alt. w/ a new alt. belt. and changed the oil.

here's what it does:
-lets say i have it running for 20 mins. i then shut it off. go back out in 60 mins. to start it back up again. it sounds like it wants to fire. like it catches, then it pops and spudders. then a loud pop. i stop and try it again it it's the same way. i then let it sit for 20 mins. then try to start it up. and maybe on the 2nd try it will fire up.

i smell fuel. the crx has been sitting for almost 2 yrs. so my guess is that the gas thats in it isn't fresh. and theres a half of tank. so i pour'd in some dry gas. no diffirence. i'm going to get some fresh gas into her.

monday i'll do a full tune-up on her(plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, pcv valve and another oil change) and hopefully she comes out of it.

any ideas on what could be the cause of this?

thanks

P.S. and i'm not throwing any codes.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
KAOS said:
monday i'll do a full tune-up on her(plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, pcv valve and another oil change) and hopefully she comes out of it.
These are probably the best things to do to start. Old gas tends to gum things up a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if the fuel filter is shot. Once you eliminate the routine maintenance items, then you can start to diagnose the problem (if it's still there by then).

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
yeah good diagnosis Dr. Sticker.... take 2 of these here tune ups and call us monday morning.... if symptons persist.... alot of quirks can be cures by a little love and a tune up....
let us know how it works out. . .
Ps. most crx's that I have seen have a drain plug in the bottom of the fuel tank..... i would just scrap the idea of trying to freshen up the old gum err.... I mean gas by adding more and additives to it and just dump it all...... use it to try and light a fire or something if it will still burn that is. . .

and dump in some fresh go go juice ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts