Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah, the project crx now finnaly has its swap done, stage one is complete just need to finish her up later on when i get more money but heres what is done so far

B16a from HMO(Roughly 52,XXX)
*Denso Iridium spark plugs
*NGK Spark plug wires
*Hasport Mounts
*S1 tranny stock clutch
*(Just did a transmission flush filled with syncromesh)
*cheapo Intake
*B&M no bend short shifter
*Energy shifter bushings
*New intake manifold gasket
*WIll come with oil pan gasket
*JKOBD conversion(Car is OBD1)
*Battery relocated to the back with SCCA approved battery box

Exhaust

*DC sports 4-2-1 Header
*Omnipower test pipe
*Greddy SP 2 Exhaust

Suspension

*Tein S-tech springs
*KYB AGX shocks
(Has a very nice ride, and car not slammed)
*Brand new wheel bearings don't even have 1000 miles on them.
*New Tie Rod ends
*New ball joints
*Just had an alignment
*Old Place Racing crossmember

Brakes

*Honda civic EX brakes up front(10.2 inch rotor)
*New pads and new calipers
*DA brake booster and Master cylinder

Interior
*Sony headunit
*Full interior
*Optima Red top battery
*Original CRX floormats

here are the pics

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've got the greddy sp2 cat back as well and have been impressed with it since day 1. It looks bigger than it really is in the pictures. The sound that it makes is great. Greddy claims that it is only a few decibels over stock and I believe it. It has a nice tone past 4k.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why that combo, ive heard of the ctr intake cam and itr exhasut cam

ComposiMo said:
kantfadedisazn said:
ima about to install some cams which ones should i go with, integra type r, buddy club spec III plus, or blox racing?
If you can find it reasonably, a CTR intake cam, with a 97 GSR exhaust cam 8)

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Because there is nothing quite like OEM cams, and those two cams are the highest lift/duration cams that Honda designed, and when paired together, do QUITE well for significantly less cost than many aftermarket cams. iirc, they performed about as well as most manufacturers 'Stage 2' cams during a cam test done a while back, and again... they are OEM cams, can't go wrong.

And its not the ITR exhaust cam you use, its the 97~ GSR exhaust cam... VERY different.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ComposiMo said:
Because there is nothing quite like OEM cams, and those two cams are the highest lift/duration cams that Honda designed, and when paired together, do QUITE well for significantly less cost than many aftermarket cams. iirc, they performed about as well as most manufacturers 'Stage 2' cams during a cam test done a while back, and again... they are OEM cams, can't go wrong.

And its not the ITR exhaust cam you use, its the 97~ GSR exhaust cam... VERY different.
very interesting im going to have to go with tha combo then, as for the gsr cam it has to be 97 and up correct?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.