Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's HF has been languishing at my inlaw's since April, waiting for a donor engine. In the meantime, my father-in-law has replaced the door panels, seats, stereo, and speakers, and wrapped it (the clear coat was peeling). It looks amazing! He also fabricated a cargo divider!
Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk Automotive exterior Car

Car Vehicle Window Car seat cover Motor vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

We finally found a D16A6 that's currently in the machine shop. Hoping to have this car back on the road by October.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My daughter's HF has been languishing at my inlaw's since April, waiting for a donor engine. In the meantime, my father-in-law has replaced the door panels, seats, stereo, and speakers, and wrapped it (the clear coat was peeling). It looks amazing! He also fabricated a cargo divider! View attachment 2071
View attachment 2072
View attachment 2070

We finally found a D16A6 that's currently in the machine shop. Hoping to have this car back on the road by October.
I was wondering how this project was coming along. Car is looking great. I guess the budget for the car went up since you first got the car. A good running D16A6 will make this HF a fun car to drive. You have the D16 tranny as well?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found an engine, transmission and assortment of spare parts (brand new header, downpipe, ecm, wiring harness, O2 sensor, etc) for $350. Everything checked out at the machine shop; it just had to be bored 20 over. I have the service manual and we will do all of the assembly. I'm actually trying to ID the transmission that came with the engine today. The person who sold it to me wasn't sure and I can't tell by the markings. So I will try to ID it based on the gear ratios. I'm hoping it's an SI transmission.

I also just discovered that her car has 26 spline outer axles, so I think it might have been converted to SI spindles and brakes at some point. It does have 15 inch wheels.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I found an engine, transmission and assortment of spare parts (brand new header, downpipe, ecm, wiring harness, O2 sensor, etc) for $350. Everything checked out at the machine shop; it just had to be bored 20 over. I have the service manual and we will do all of the assembly. I'm actually trying to ID the transmission that came with the engine today. The person who sold it to me wasn't sure and I can't tell by the markings. So I will try to ID it based on the gear ratios. I'm hoping it's an SI transmission.

I also just discovered that her car has 26 spline outer axles, so I think it might have been converted to SI spindles and brakes at some point. It does have 15 inch wheels.
Everything for 350, sounds like a killer deal. You have a pic of the label on the tranny bell housing area. Some on this site might be able to help id that for you. Si motor and tranny in an HF platform is a great combo. Especially when the car is as nice as the one you got. Keep plugging away at it, end in sight now.

·
Registered
a CRX
2,594 Posts
You will for sure need either Si or DX knuckles with that swap. The HF is the odd ball out with some of the interchangable parts, due it being completely designed around fuel mileage.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everything for 350, sounds like a killer deal. You have a pic of the label on the tranny bell housing area. Some on this site might be able to help id that for you. Si motor and tranny in an HF platform is a great combo. Especially when the car is as nice as the one you got. Keep plugging away at it, end in sight now.
The stamp by the filler plug is A003 and the other stamp reads L3 1003667 - which is not for an SI.

But when I measured the revolutions, I got 3.952 revs for 4th gear and 5.238 revs for 5th, which is pretty close to the SI gearing.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
^×2 on which seats and where to get them.

Mine are long gone, I had to improvise a set of integras( .Free99) using the crx seat pans, and modifying the back support(1 hole) to bring them to the correct tilt.

But those looks HOT!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where are the seats from? My 89 CRX still has the old torn factories in it. I'm missing the cargo lid also.
Here is my father-in-law's response:

They are by Fremotor802. Amazon. Adaptor brackets from Planted Technology. Perfect fit to car. Needed to drill 2 holes to match seat side rails. They do end up about 1" higher at top of seat cushion than stock.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Here is my father-in-law's response:

They are by Fremotor802. Amazon. Adaptor brackets from Planted Technology. Perfect fit to car. Needed to drill 2 holes to match seat side rails. They do end up about 1" higher at top of seat cushion than stock.
That's too bad.
For sure not the definition of "perfect fit".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts