Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing cards at a friend's house the other day when some guy in a Dodge Ram backed into my Rex. He got the driver side fender pretty good. It doesn't look like more than that got bent but I am not for sure. Luckily his bumper was high enough not to hit my wheel and tire to cause suspension damage.

So now I have a huge dent in my fender and my rear quarter panel. I guess it's better that the damage has taken place before the car goes to the body shop then after. I've been casually asking around about a reputable body shop for the past couple of months but now my search needs to become more serious. And to think this all happened after I took my car out of storage this fall.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a pic of the damage. Sorry about the poor quality. I switched from my Sony Ericsson Walkman phone to the new Nokia 6682 and the quality of the camera isn't near as good. So I switched back to my w600.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Well his truck did say ram on the front. :):):).... I guess that is what they are ment for. . . . . . sorry to hear about that.... . hopefully heplans to pay for the repairs...

i guess it could have been alot worse. .

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Find a good shop, since they have to spray half the car now you can probably get the insurance to paint the whole thing. I hit a car in my work truck and the guy said the color wouldnt match if they just painted the quarter panel and the insurance painted the whole car :shock:

If they wont paint the whole thing have them give you an estimate on whats left, you might get a good price on the other half

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just went down to the local Maaco to get an estimate on the damage to report to the insurance company plus an estimate to have the entire car done including the front fender.

The estimate for the front fender was $671.52. $167 for the fender, $142.80 for labor, and $256.20 for paint. The estimate for the whole car was $4366.16. $539.58 in parts, $2058.00 in labor, $414.12 in supplies, and $1249.90 for paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts