Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I traded my Civic Si for a CRX Dx :D . The heater blows strong, but not hot air. Warm to sort of unfog the windows, but cold. When the car is sitting still, the temp gauge will go up to normal. Soon as you start driving, it will drop down to cold.

I'm guessing thermostat?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Omg please help! I replaced the thermostat, poured Draino into the heater core and cleared it out, and bled the cooling system twice. It still does not blow warm air. It blows slightly lukewarm, and its -20 celcius this whole week. Google it.

The rad hoses are hot, the temp gauge is hot, I ran the car at 3000rpm for 10 minutes. It blows slightly luke-warmer at higher rpms.

The heater hose going IN to the core is hot, the one coming out is warm. Am I correct to assume that it could be plugged or not quite cleared out?

When I Draino'd it, I filled it with draino, let it sit for a few minutes, then put a long hose on to one end, sprayed it with a hose, then blew with my mouth until it was empty, it all came out no problem, with the occasional hiccup or air pocket it must have been.

Please help me I'm so COOOOOLD!

·
Registered
567 Posts
sounds like your heater valve is broken or the cable that pushes it is broken. have someone turn the knob on your heater controls while you look at the valve and see if it moves. you can probably manually adjust it for the mean time for winter but you might have to get it replaced eventually. not sure if its seperate from the heater core or not.

·
Registered
327 Posts
For heat,the controller draws both cables in,So..
Push this valve toward the firewall:

Heater control valve:

Then position the air blend door as shown:

Located on the passenger side behind the console/radio..

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
88DXCRX said:
For heat,the controller draws both cables in,So..
Push this valve toward the firewall:

Heater control valve:

Then position the air blend door as shown:

Located on the passenger side behind the console/radio..
The hot/cold one was stuck, I've already made sure it's where it is supposed to be. The one in the engine bay is towards the firewall. What does that one do? What controls it?

Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just in case I confused you.. the valve shown in the picture above is closed..
It looks like this in the opened position:

You can remove the valve from the hose completely,
and then try to blow through the core itself by appling
air pressure to either on e of the two tubes..

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I FIXED IT!!!!

Filled the heater core with CLR, let it sit for 2 hours, came back out after watching a movie, read on the bottle that I shouldnt leave it anywhere for more than 10 minutes, drained it, filled it again and let sit for another hour, drained, put everything back together, filled with coolant, bled coolant.

I HAVE HEAAAAT :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.