Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an exhausting search I found my new ride. I found it Sunday night on auto trader. 88 Si in Columbia, SC that looked very CLEAN. Monday morning I saw it on ebay with a $500 starting bid. Monday at noon it was at $1,700. I called the guy and told him I would be driving down monday night to pick it up tuesday.

I arrived in Columbia at about midnight, got a room and went to the waffle house for dinner/breakfast or somthing like that :lol: He called me tuesday morning to set up a time after he got off from work and told me where a mall was if i wanted to kill time.

We killed some time at the mall and driving around ( more on that later).

Picked it up at 5:30pm and drove it back to virginia making it home at about 11pm, getting 32mpg for the trip.

Now the pics:

The only rust on the car. Im going to have it fixed asap.

The are GT seat covers or somthing like that. They are made to a vehicles seats specs so they fit tight. The driver seat has a tear in it that was sown up and then these were installed.

Engine shot, pretty clean too other than the valve cover

MINT passenger floor mat ( which will be for sale )

YEP, 245,000 miles on it. Runs quiet, no engine noise, shifts like butter.

Cargo box near MINT!

OMG!! Climate control MINT!!! ( more on that later too)

2 Small cracks in the vinyl on the door panel.

Cover that is STILL ONE PIECE!

What was in the glove box

Reciept for paint like 2 years ago. Almost $1,500

$400 brake work.

|Goodyear reciept. He said his uncle took it to them and told them to fix whatever was broke. $2,500 later ( hence climate control )

More work done at tire kingdom

Now I know you guys are dying to know how much. Well I shelled out a whopping $2,100 for it. Thats right two thousand one hundred dollars. I felt like I was stealing it from him.

Now for the mall story. PS3's nowhere to be found around here, well I bought 2 of them in Columbia

One for me, one for ebay a little closer to christmas.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Nice find! Rare colour too, right? That car is in good shape, it would really be a shame to take the original motor out and swap something else in, better to sell the H22 and just keep this one stock.

You forgot to show off the pillar mounted seatbelts, and one of the pics is a double (instrument cluster).

Nice new rex man, what's happening with the other one?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Good finded. My only warning, and you probley know this alreay, How was the rust, (if any) fix before the new paint went on? Thats the only real kicker with any of are guys.

Congrads on your new project and staying in the crx family, Not that you were planning on leaving anyway. 8)

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I can tell crawling under it so far those 2 spots are it on the entire car. There is no filler in the other or that panel anywhere. The car has a few chipped paint areas on the front where it was a commuter car, but it has ZERO dents or dings on it. The guy told me his uncle wanted it to be like new again.

Im undecided on what to do with it. The body is going to stay stock, I might put my EDM wing on it though. If the h22 does make it to this car it will be with the e-speed kit under the factory hood with the h22 lsd tranny. Would be one hell of a sleeper.

Its amazing how light the doors are on this thing, my 91's weigh a ton.

·
Registered
734 Posts
That Goodyear receipt is INSANE. I can't believe the uncle just walked in and told them to fix whatever it needed...that's like popping a couple of Roofies, walking naked into a prison shower, and telling the convicts to do whatever they want. Incredible CRX find...it's like a whole new car.

Was Blade Silver a stock Si color? Seems like I always see it on DXs, but I guess it probably is.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well I was going to call you this afternoon with a couple of leads on Rex'es but I see you don't need that now. Did the insurance company give you anything for your Rex? And that was 2 great finds you got! If you come across a Nintendo Wii let me know :wink:! Also is that a new house I see in the background?

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep I bought the house on October 1st. Run me $123,500. The appraisal came in at $136,000 :shock: The people we bought it from dont believe in using an agent or a newspaper. They just stuck a sign in the yard, and its on a dead end street...NO thru traffic :lol: They own the house next to us too, its been for rent for 5months now, just a sign, no advertisements.

As for my blue crx, the insurance called me and told me the book on my car was $2,700. I stopped him there and informed him I had a photo album FULL of reciepts going back to when I bought the car 5yrs ago. I told him I can prove everything that I have done to the car from paint, wheels, tires, cd player, new carpet, imported spoiler...even down to the small things like new bushings and wheel bearings. I stressed that I EXPECTED a fair price. He put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back with an offer of $4500 plus refunding the price of tags and sales tax that I paid on the car. I bought it back for $350, and netted $4,297 plus keeping my car from wreck.

As for the PS3's EB Games Columbia, SC (803) 736-6249, they told me that they had atleast 5 of the 60 gigs and a few 20gigs if anyone is close and wants one.

·
Registered
603 Posts
You southerners just kill me!!
There isn't a snowball's chance in hell of finding a CRX in that kind of condition for that price around here.
And like it was posted above, the Playstations make this seem like a mean joke. :D

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I have found a flaw with the car.....the rear defroster does not work :lol:
Guess Ill check it out this weekend.

Im undecided if I should put my spoiler on it though :? Also I was always partial to the 90-91 si bumper, probably since thats what I owned :lol: , but I must say Im loving the smooth front bumber without the foglight areas.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.