Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 6x8 piece of automotive carptet from a place in town a few weeks back.

Not to bad putting it in. Very flexible. By the time I got all the little interior pieces back on the carpet was pretty snug. Put the seats in and its looking like a car again.

Still have a few small things to straighten out but my back hurts after all hunched over rolling around for 2 hours.

Anyways heres the pics

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
b/c that piece of carpet was probably $40 at the most... the molded ones are over $120

·
Registered
416 Posts
I tried using automotive carpet before instead of using molded carpet. Problem was that it shifted under my feet on occasions. I liked how it looked when I first put it in, nice and black. But I ended up removing it a couple months later. Been sporting no carpet with oem floor mats for a little over a year now.

I'm going for the molded carpet this summer, just waiting to get my car finished and a really hot day to soften the carpet for the install.

Your install looks pretty good by the way.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this thing isnt going anywhere. i fastened it with every oem point i could.
the piece around the shifter, the ebrake, the center console, the dead pedal, the door steps, the seats, and a few spots i threaded a bolt into a factory hole to tie it down.

btw the seats are a replacement cover i got on ebay a year or 2 ago.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if anyone attempts this take this advice. Use a cheap small soldering iron to burn the holes for the bolts. By burning the carpet it keeps the hole clean and the carpet wont start to pull apart there.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
That install looks surprisingly good! I'm just saying that I'd be way too nervous to try something like that. Mainly because if I did it, it would look totally ghetto. That one looks really good. Nice job Tim.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks Tom.

My biggest problem with the pre molded ones are they all say 84-91 crx. sounded kinda wierd to me. I didnt think they used the same floor pans. Plus I dont have that thick padding underneath now. I dont care about any sound deadening, I cant hear anything over my stereo anyway :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
damn that looks hella clean :D you mentioned that you used every oem fastener to pin down the carpet, but can you also use an adhesive and spray it directly to the floorboard? i'd love to do this since i took out my old carpet and sound dentening and i'd like some type of sound resistance :?

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldnt use adhesive. its messy and will get all over everything. Also if you ever need to pull the carpet it will be stuck.

you can get dynamat or somthing similar to put under the carpet to keep the sound down. i think i remember hearing you can get something simialar at a hardware store for a lot less money, but i havent looked into it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts