Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is. It looks like dog poo, but it runs good. I wish the body was stock, but oh well. It really needs suspension and brakes. Driving this car reminds me of my old 88 5.0 GT....RIP

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
No rust is a huge +, I'd gladly pay a good chunk of change for a rust free shell.

A hood, fender(s), and some TLC, and you'll be rocking a really nice CRX in no time.

It says Si on the rear corner, but there's no sunroof... :?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Not at bad place to start......like CrxCarl said it looks to relatively rust free. You can return it to stock over time. I'd dump the rear bumper and sideskirts for stock. A new hood and front bumper will fix up the front end. Check local salvage yards for the parts you need also there are few people here that have parts cars they sell parts off of......

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Yeah, it just needs some loovveee....:D

Im sure with some work it would be great...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there if a sunroof!!! it is going to need a new motor though. It moves really slowly and I have to help it. The sunroof panel is a little rusty and there is a little bit of rust on the back of the drivers side wheel well but the car is solid. Man that thing is so much fun to drive.

The story of the car is that some guy had it, but it got stolen and stripped. the bumpers used to be fiberglassed to the fenders, but when it was stolen they messed it up. it was stripped, and the guy put all of his old parts back on.

I'm pretty sure i need an alternator, full suspension, pads and rotors all around, new sunroof motor, new wiper linkage. I do not count the fenders and the hood as being things I need because they do not affect how the car drives. And seats. that is one thing that affects how the car drives. right now there are integra seats in there and it is very annoying. They are almost mint, but they sit too high.

Other than fixing it I plan to relocate the battery to the back so as not to have to use an intake that bends twice. i would like to put a new exhaust on it with a new manifold. I also have an old duron based computer that I have been wanting to build into a car for a while. i think i would probably locate that in the compartment behind the seats.

I really hope I get this garage or all of my plans will become slightly more difficult. i have done many things to cars outside, but I really do not want to. Working on a car outside in chicago sucks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a guy locally who has two rear koni struts with neuspeed springs that he is going to give me for $60. Pretty sweet. He says they have about 20k on them and came off of his hatch.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Better call the junk yard and have that thing picked up ASAP, its a real piece:rolleyes1:

That can be cleaned up... I've seen much worse. Some of us don't mind doing restoration work.

If we sent any rex that looked that bad, to the crusher most of us wouldn't have them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey one mans junk is another mans treasure. If I would have bought it as a daily driver that would have been another thing. I have the rusty Toyota to drive around, and this thing to mess with. I have needed another project since I finished my computer and this is it.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Robb said:
sorry to say but.. next stop.... junk yard.. :cry:
What is wrong with you lately...? Seriously.
It's in rough shape. So what? For the money he paid for it, it's not that bad.

Not all cars come with clean factory paint. And not everybody could afford to buy a real clean car from the bat.
Plus, it's more satisfying bringing one back, than showing off what is really someone else's work for the last years.

Buying a clean car is easy. I have little respect for that.
Making a rough car clean. Noy that's perseverance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
WTH? Looks very nice to me. A new hood, a new fender, some wetsanding, and some quality time with a buffer (or detail shop if you're so inclined) and that car could be very nice looking. No rust just seals the deal right there, that car's got potential, and sending it off to the crusher is way (WAY) premature. One or two weekends and that's a good looking vehicle.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
HeadOfMax said:
there if a sunroof!!!
I don't see one in this pic. Usually you see at least the rubber ring around it.

She doesn't look crushable yet. Take a look around a bit and see what some of us are driving... Yours is immaculate compared to some.

·
Registered
20,278 Posts
Robb said:
sorry to say but.. next stop.... junk yard.. :cry:
:?: Are you kidding? It is not in that bad of shape, i too have seen worse and this looks salvageable.

Also some of us can't afford to just go out and FIND a meticulously clean Crx, plus how many of them are there still actually out there.
Beleive it or not some of us acutually like to restore/build our Crx's and not just BUY them already done.
Bas already said it best and i agree
"Buying a clean car is easy" any idiot with the cash can do it.
I'd rather put money towards fixing up a Crx than spending it on ridiculous floor mats.
:rolleyes1:

·
Registered
711 Posts
i disagree with both of you.

If someone chooses to restore a car, respect that... as mentioned before, not everyone can afford to purchase a clean car off the bat, and its nice to personalize your car, your way.

Same way if someone chooses to purchase a clean car, respect that. Doesn't make them an idiot because they are not capable of building one (for WHATEVER reason). Different people have different situations, and nobody is wrong... its just different.

geez

·
Registered
20,278 Posts
coldtotouch said:
i disagree with both of you.

If someone chooses to restore a car, respect that... as mentioned before, not everyone can afford to purchase a clean car off the bat, and its nice to personalize your car, your way.

Same way if someone chooses to purchase a clean car, respect that. Doesn't make them an idiot because they are not capable of building one (for WHATEVER reason). Different people have different situations, and nobody is wrong... its just different.
That holds no water with me, we can argue til the cows come home.
We'll have to agree to disagree :D

At the same time, just because the car does not sport shiny ORIGINAL paint or have minty floormats, doesn't mean the car is junk, is in horrible shape or can't be slavaged.
That is just stupid thinking and if everyone thought like that, lots of classic cars, muscle cars, etc, would have never resurfaced and car shows would have, well little to show.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ok, personally i don't believe that cars should be kept MINT and have everything shiny clean... they were built to be driven, and that is what must be done with them. (There are exceptions, as you will soon see...)

My point was one can choose how they spend their time and money. Whether it's working a job (spending the time), earning the money, and then spending it on a clean car.

The same way, someone can choose to build their car, so they spend more time (yes, i feel this is better, and develops a more accomplished/closer feeling), saving their money, and build a clean car.

in the end, it is their own clean car.

To each is their own... Rob, just because you like em minty fresh, doesn't mean you can go around bashing peoples cars because they're not up to your standards. You talk about haters on honda-tech alot... practice what you preach.

Seti, Baker... Don't think buying a clean car is any less working for it than building one. You work the same way, just differently...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.