Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, no CRX's for the time being... LoL... i find this kinda comical, cause its not like i have any time to work on it anyway.... but i just bought this:

It is a 1930 Ford Model A pickup truck... it used to be a sedan, but the back was cut off and shortened some time ago. I still need to 'year' the bodywork to see if it is vintage, or recent... the current owner knows nothing about the car.... if it is all vintage bodywork, i'm going to leave it alone... if it is recent, i'll fix it all. Its a tad rusty in some areas, but all in all, not bad shape for what it is.

The body comes with a chassis, truck bed, and a really good condition firewall... all i need for now :p

I've got a lot of work on other things that need to get done before i even touch this, but i couldn't pass it up... this is the first step to whats in my avatar :p

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
what are you feeling John, B series, k series, H22 ???

looks like not allot there but what is there is solid. . . always agreat base for a fun project. . .. . .good find. . . . . looks to be fun fun fun.....

chris

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Nice John! I love antique cars, there's something so classy about them... A professor I work with has a 1926 Packard and a 32, we just finished rebuilding the motor on the '32, those straight 8s are smooth, like 5hp and 500lbft hehe.

Hope you find time to do this John, that's a cool project!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I love it!

My vote is for a full roller 302 to power that bad boy. With the right internals it'll spin up as high as a 2 liter honda and make gob more power. Muahahahaha!

Or I've got a complete 289 waiting to be built and a kitted c-4 tranny if you want to pick it up form my dad's garage in socal...

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
K? Hmmmmmm....... Actually, if i DID want to mess with people on the motor choice, i think i'd definitely do the F20C & 6-speed... however, the resale value of a Honda motor in this kind of car will be shockingly low.... not that i want to sell it, but i'd like the resale value of the car to be better than average i guess...

The plan:

Mostly, the plan is to keep it all Ford... at least powertrain-wise. The chassis is going to be scratch-built.... i'm working on the cad drawings for all the frame pieces, and it'll be water-jet cut out, and then i'll get to assemble the rails a section at a time.. woo-fun! :p

The motor will be a 2.0L Zetec motor out of a Focus... it'll be slightly built, and the setup will be "mildly" (*cough*) turbocharged :p I'm trying to decide if i'm going manual or auto on this... i WANT manual, but if the footwell area is going to be too small for comfort, i will go auto so that i have more foot room.

Also, to make matters more exciting, it will have a/c as well... should be quite the interesting little project :)

I did dig up a bit more info on the body though... it was originally a 1930 'Slant Window' Deluxe Touring Sedan (aka 'Murray Sedan'). This is actually a sorta rare car, and not one that people are modifying much. at one point, it was chopped up, and converted to a short-cab so that it could be used as a pickup truck. the unique factor here of course being the body that it started as. This'll actually wind up being a very unique piece of automobilia 8)

......................................... this IS all assuming of course that i have the time to do it... ::sigh::

:rolleyes1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.