Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after getting an estimate between $5 and $6 thousand for repairing my car, I decided to go looking for another one. Laure gave me the number of one she found, and long story short I picked it up for $1700 (as opposed to the 2500 he was asking).

Upgrades going on today:

The car has a B16A with a very recently rebuilt Y1 in it. The body and interior are actually in better condition than my old car, and to my surprise it has the OEM power windows, mirrors, and possibly armrest (not sure). Hopefully now I can get a head start on the turbo B16 project I always had in mind...

-Joel

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Nice. It's got a few rough edges, but looks like a good deal (for you anyway). The armrest looks to me like the '92-95 Civic variety. What's the fitment like on that 'teg cluster?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bobski: The cluster fits surprisingly well. I just found out the gas gauge works as well (and accurately, to boot). If you look hard you can see where it doesnt fit perfectly in the bezel, but its a damn good fit otherwise.

Tron: The Teins are SS's. I transfered those, the ST swaybar, and my Konigs over today.

Mark: Doesn't look to be rubbing, but I'll be checking often.

Seti and Baker: The switches are in the armrest. I'm going to be sacking both the switches and the armrest for my old setup with the switches low in the center pillar/console. The reason I believe theyre the OEM regulators is because there is no crank shaft/handle (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going to pull the door panels tomorrow to get a closer look). Oh, and the sensor is the air intake temp, the wiring in general is a nightmare, and will be my upcoming focus.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The door panels are defiently the stock UDM ones, no doubt, I think its just the regulators that came off a Canadian/European/Japanese car. If the switches are for the left side and will work with those panels, I may be very interested.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
GSR clusters work great, I have a JDM ITR cluster in my rex. Glad to see you got such a great deal. Good luck on fixing the wiring.

PS, nice coilovers :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
nice find! i have a question hopefully one of you guys can help me out.. i have a gauge cluster from a 94 gsr, how would i go about putting that in my crx? does it just plug in or am i looking at some custom stuff.

·
Registered
734 Posts
http://a1electric.com/

That site sells aftermarket power windows and switches for CRXs. The reason I'm linking it is that you can get clean little black plugs for the window crank holes there for like $3. They can go right on the door panel, or, for a slightly cleaner look, on top of the trim ring that goes under the stock window crank lever.

That's a VERY nice little project for the price. It actually looks a LOT like my car, minus the wheels. Same stance, 90-91 tails, all amber bumper and corner lights, etc. I'd say pick up some nice wheels that go well with black (black, bronze, gunmetal, etc...mine are bronze Slipstreams that I'm thinking about painting semi-gloss black), definitely tint the windows if you can do it in your state, it really cleans up a black CRX (I went with a nice dark 20% all around).

BTW, my CRX has a SOHC VTEC ZC swap and also requires that intake air temp sensor...the previous owner had an ugly setup in the intake pipe like this one -- I got a new intake and filter (I wanted a black intake tube instead of the hideous orange-painted AEM that came with the car), and placed the sensor in the rubber coupler that holds the intake to the throttle body. I've heard you want the temp measured as close to the throttle body anyway, and it looks a lot cleaner than electrical tape and zip ties and crap holding it in the intake pipe.

Good luck with it, man...seems like you got a hell of a deal!

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
ITruns20s said:
nice find! i have a question hopefully one of you guys can help me out.. i have a gauge cluster from a 94 gsr, how would i go about putting that in my crx? does it just plug in or am i looking at some custom stuff.
Click.

You need to use an electronic VSS, the speedo cable isn't needed. If you're putting your GSR engine in there too, You'll just need to run the wires to the cluster.

·
Registered
114 Posts
jfrolang said:
ITruns20s said:
Click.

You need to use an electronic VSS, the speedo cable isn't needed. If you're putting your GSR engine in there too, You'll just need to run the wires to the cluster.
thank you very much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.