Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you all have probably seen these on the for sale forum, but I picked up cleo from Chet today after work. He's a good guy, cleo's a good ride, and over all it was a very good day (even getting stopped for not having a plate wasn't too bad, just got some stern advice as a warning).

The plan is to learn and practice body work and painting on her, and then fix and paint the body on my Si (after doing some basic rust remediation on both). Driving a dx for the first time was interesting, I can tell the difference in weight and power, but it's very nice. It's different having head room, for one thing.

I'll post more and different pics in a day or so, it was too dark when I got home....

·
Registered
818 Posts
thats cool, what kind of deal did you get on it? and yeah the reason the SI doesnt have enough headroom is becuase of the metal slider. nice rex tho looks like it has the same rust/damage as my HF when i got it.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zerocool1014a said:
thats cool, what kind of deal did you get on it?
A good one, I think. Paid the man what he asked, and I was happy, what better deal can you get than that?

and yeah the reason the SI doesnt have enough headroom is becuase of the metal slider. nice rex tho looks like it has the same rust/damage as my HF when i got it.
Regarding the head room, ya think that's it?

(Sorry, couldn't resist--you know--fish, cats, that kind of thing).

It's just interesting to me since I've had the si for about 10 years and I'm used to feeling what little hair I have left up there brushing the headliner.

Re: the rust, I'm sure it's all around the top of the wheel well, and proabably there's a bit in the rockers, too, just seems a fact of life. But the Si has more of the same, and I've done a fair bit of home work. Figure to use civic partial quarters as a patches on the Si, but cleo's quarters are probably solid enough that a small patch will do--got some galvanized for that, but I still need to get a torch. But the first order of business is working out some dents....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Glad you got home ok (and ticket-less :D)!

Take care of her for me. I trust that you will...

(and fix that exhaust hanger I told you about ASAP! :lol: )

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chet90si said:
Oh, and I'm glad you've taken to her name... :D
Hey mon--boats, cars--bad luck to change her name, and I'm sure she's used to it. (;

·
Registered
818 Posts
bil said:
zerocool1014a said:
thats cool, what kind of deal did you get on it?
A good one, I think. Paid the man what he asked, and I was happy, what better deal can you get than that?

and yeah the reason the SI doesnt have enough headroom is becuase of the metal slider. nice rex tho looks like it has the same rust/damage as my HF when i got it.
Regarding the head room, ya think that's it?

(Sorry, couldn't resist--you know--fish, cats, that kind of thing).

It's just interesting to me since I've had the si for about 10 years and I'm used to feeling what little hair I have left up there brushing the headliner.

Re: the rust, I'm sure it's all around the top of the wheel well, and proabably there's a bit in the rockers, too, just seems a fact of life. But the Si has more of the same, and I've done a fair bit of home work. Figure to use civic partial quarters as a patches on the Si, but cleo's quarters are probably solid enough that a small patch will do--got some galvanized for that, but I still need to get a torch. But the first order of business is working out some dents....
well i guess mine is in better condition rust wise at least. but yeah im pretty sure its the sunroof if you think about it the mechanical parts take up a bit of space and they are all the same shapewise.. *shrugs* and i checked back i think you got a damn good deal on it. i mean i payed 2k for my my hf and it had similar damage in the front altho my rust isnt as bad but it looks like your interior might be in a little better condition *shrug*

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zerocool1014a said:
well i guess mine is in better condition rust wise at least. but yeah im pretty sure its the sunroof if you think about it the mechanical parts take up a bit of space and they are all the same shapewise.. *shrugs* and i checked back i think you got a damn good deal on it. i mean i payed 2k for my my hf and it had similar damage in the front altho my rust isnt as bad but it looks like your interior might be in a little better condition *shrug*
Yeah, I'm sure the sunroof assembly takes up the difference in headroom. This one needs some preventive work, I plan on getting the timing belt done, and the exhaust is going.. I'm sure there are some other minor problems, but the main thing is she runs well and has been taken care of. The rust is one of the reasons I got it. It's better than my si, but I want the bodywork practice. Cleo's got enough body problems that I can be fearless, whereas the si just has the rust--if I screwed up the si, I'd feel really bad, since it's not in bad shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.