Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got what I've been wanting for the last 10 years. My first bike. Every year I say I'm getting one, but this was finally the time.

The bike:

2001 Honda CBR F4i
White/Red
Fuel-injected 600cc engine

Sorry for the dirty garage, but here are a couple of pics:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Nice bike man, my next will be a honda also. Be careful, and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Screw the DVDs.... Can i have your car? :lol:

I'd love to buy a bike... actually, a good friend of mine has one for sale for a REALLY reasonable price.... but i'm in no mood to commit suicide on the roads of Orlando just yet. lol..

·
Registered
114 Posts
very badass. looks sick. also i like the garage floor.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Isn't Hurricane also the name of an obscure and potent 40?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
off topic but Hurricane IS a maly liquor.... it is available in 40 ounce bottles and is potent.... for a more potent experience try the new Hurricane Hi Gravity.... 8.3 percent alcohol.... just dont drink a hurricane while you are driving your hurricane or you are going to get blown over...

Chris

·
Registered
734 Posts
Don't you have a newborn baby? Yikes, be very careful and watch out for idiots, they're everywhere. Your wife must be a very special lady to let you get a sportbike after becoming a new dad, most guys' sportbike days end at that point :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bikes are great. Congrats. Self control is the name of the game. Other drivers don't play as big a role in motorbike deaths than people think and speed is a factor is a HUGE amount of bike related collisions. Self control is where its at.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Regarding the Hurricane, i believe E-40 had a song about it form the mid nineties. If you think 8.3 is potent, you should try an swesome beer from Unibroue called Terrible. That stuff is 10.5% and quite stout. I love it. Maybe you can only get it in the Northeast though.

Back to the topic, I just realized that you said this is your first bike. Be careful man, especially since you haave a family. If you die, its no biggie to you, but think of what would happen to the fam. A modern 600cc sportbike will do 100+ in second gear. I say go buy a small used 250 and beat that up before you get on your new baby, but if you do exercise a lot of self control you'll be okay. Oh, and I'm sure I've said this somewhere on here before, but go take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course. They'll teach you quite a bit that you otherwise wouldn't learn. There are a couple of good book s I can recommend once you've been riding for a bout a year or two and want to learn some more skilled/aggressive technique.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
jmart said:
If you think 8.3 is potent, you should try an swesome beer from Unibroue called Terrible. That stuff is 10.5% and quite stout. I love it. Maybe you can only get it in the Northeast though.
downest said:
And if jmart comes, look out, he will try to give you alcohol poisoning :shock:
He tried to kill my friend too.

·
Registered
342 Posts
downest said:
That garage looks like it belongs on the speed channel.

Nice bike Tom! I love the CBRs... none of them will ever compare to the Hurricane...
Hey, Hey thats my bike! I had a 89 Hurricane 600 it was the black red and grey version, when I lived in Hawaii. I miss that bike. :(

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dilbert said:
Bikes are great. Congrats. Self control is the name of the game. Other drivers don't play as big a role in motorbike deaths than people think and speed is a factor is a HUGE amount of bike related collisions. Self control is where its at.
You got that right. I'm a VERY responsible rider. I have a ton of high-end gear that I bought before I ever bought the bike. I took the MSF course, got my license, etc. I'm very aware of what could happen. Every time I ride, I expect that I'll go down. Just because it's a sport bike doesn't mean I'll ride it like a moron. People have a misconception that the type of bike is a major factor in safety. That's completely not true. The rider, and the gear they wear have the biggest impact. And training, experience, and a level head.

Oh, and if you guys saw the REST of my garage, you'd see that it's a complete wreck. It looks like about 3 CRX's exploded in it. An open transmission on the floor, a blown engine, a good engine, and misc crap laying around. Thanks for the comments though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
you think thats a dirty garage... take a look at the craphole i call a garage

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.