Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I thought I would post up my project and see what everyone thinks about it. It is a 1991 Crx Dx. I am breaking up into different stages, starting first with the body, then suspension, interior, and last the engine/tranny. here are a list of mods and things that i will be doing for each stage.
Stage 1. Body
The body will stay pretty much stock. Im not into the jdm parts, I just like the usdm look and that is how it will stay, right now i am in the process of dissembly, insted of buying new mouldings, mirrors, cowl etc. I am going to use the bumper coating by Dupont to restore them. They are all in good condition, so I see no reason to get new ones. The rex does have the usual quarter rust but not too bad, so I will be repairing that, by adding in metal from rust free quarters I found in the junkyard. After that, the car will be repainted the origional color of B53P Celestial Blue Pearl. My plan is to take as long as necessary to get the body perfect, as well as the paint perfect.
Stage 2. Suspension
Right now the rex sits on Nuespeed race springs, and i dont plan on going any lower than the 2 inches it is dropped, but i do have crappy monroe struts on it. I am thinking I am going to keep the springs, and then add tokiko Illuminas, and a new prothane polyurathane bushing kit. I have noticed reciently that all the bushing are pretty much shot, so i will be getting the complete master kit, with trailing arm bushings. I will also be adding Si rear lcas so i can get the ST rear sway bar etc. I will add my wheels into this stage, im not into Rotas or anything like that, Like I stated earlier, I like the factory USDM look, so I be adding some 99-00 Si wheels. As for brakes, I would like to upgrade but im not sure what i am going with yet, so I am open to suggestions if any of you have any.
Stage 3 Interior
In this stage I will be just replacing a few parts that are broken etc. Keeping with the factory look, but plan on adding some seats from a Integra GSR, getting new carpet, also a new cargo cover, and the seperator.
Stage 4. Drivetrain.
I am doing this one last only because Im not really going "all out". I will be using a d16a6 engine, that will rebuilt, also just some bolt ons (header, cai, cam etc.). For the tranny I will be using a zc tranny, and an exedy stage 1 oem replacement clutch and flywheel. I do like the b series engines and everything, but this car is just going to be a weekend driver, occasional autox etc. I will be keeping this updated with all of my work that I am doing, so that hopefully new people to the crx will be able to learn to do things like body work etc. Sorry for the long first post but I hope everyone enjoys it, and I look forward to the comments, and I will add more as I go. Here is the crx I am starting with.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks really nice in those pics, but it does need repainted and has some rust problems etc. i will add some more pics, Im not sure on the wheels, i bought them for 50 bucks, and painted them gunmetal. I like them, but just want some Honda wheels. Here are some more pics.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope to have all of the body work, and have the car repainted before winter. I live in Iowa, So i wont be able to do much, I do have a garage with a heater, but we are restoring another car in there, my main goal is to have the car done by early spring, If there is another Niagra meet next year, I am hoping to be attending with it. If any of you have ideas on how I could do things, or what I should do differently, I am open to all opinions.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to take it to a body shop to have it done, but last time i did, they obviously did not do it right because the rust came back, my good friend is a ASE certified body man, so he will be helping me out quite a bit. I seen a lot of pics from Niagra, and it looks like a great time, I take it you have attended it before?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.