Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
shortly after my swap (OBD-1 B16) I noticed that my oil pressure warning light doesn't come on ever, even when the key is just in the on position with the engine off. I don't know if it worked immediately after the swap.

I first tried replacing the bulb, but that was no help. What's a possible culprit here? I'm pretty sure VTEC wouldn't work if the oil pressure was low. I just don't know if the ECU is looking for an oil pressure signal, or lack of a warning signal.

Rywire said if they crossed a wire something else would be messed up and not working properly.

·
Registered
633 Posts
SETI20 said:
The oil pressure light sensor is on the back of the block besides the temp sensor. See if it has come undone.
That was my thought too. If Unhooked, it never gets the ground signal to make the light come on.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had checked to see if the plug was in place before, and I saw that it was, but I guess it wasn't all the way on. I looked again tonight and it was unplugged. I realized the issue when I went to plug it back in... my harness is stretched very tight to reach that sensor. I may have to lengthen the wire the next time I change the oil and filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.