Honda CRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I was bidding on some '89 SI door panels on ebay( i could save on shipping because the seller was about 1hr away from me) and contacted the seller about them. I didn't end up getting the door panels i was bidding on, but the seller contacted me and asked if i would be interested in any more Crx parts. I said sure and asked what he had, he said he was literally knee deep in them and needed them gone in order to move onto another project.
So long story short i took a trip today and picked up some stock pieces that i needed. The car he had left is a rolling shell since he planned to use it as a track car and had parts from prob 3 or so cars.
So for $160 i picked up: :D
Bumper lip
HF bumper support
L & R rear interior side panels w/ side storage boxes
MINT Cargo Cover
MINT large storage box
Pretty decent shape Door panels from a '91 Si
Misc. Switches
OEM battery cover

Everything is in nice shape, just needs to be cleaned & i am pretty happy with what i got!
He is a hell of a nice & reasonable guy, and has a basement more full of parts, hood, bumpers, fenders, headlights, corner lights, switches, lots of trim and clips to go with it, dashes, and everything is in good shape!
Here is the link to his auctions,
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZyzcrx

He has a '90 Si rolling shell, with HF doors on it. It has had some body work done to it but he said he needs that gone too!

He asked if i knew anyone that needed more parts and to send them his way. I do have his # too, so if anyone needs anything, you can PM me and he said i can pass his # along. He is not lookin to make anything off this, just needs it gone!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Cool I just bid on a bunch of stuff I ? need? Well nice to have some spares.
I'm still looking for a parts car in Portland.

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
garybhoy said:
i geuss you took the door panels that have been removed from auction eh.
Yup, they were from a '91 Si, not perfect shape but still nice.

Richrowa said:
Cool I just bid on a bunch of stuff I need.
He has a LOT more stuff in his basement than what he has listed on ebay.

Pretty stoked that he contacted me and I ended up getting some nice stock stuff off of him.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Where is he located? In Ithaca? Jared and I are going to be making a trip out there sometime soon... might be worth hitting that up.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
sorry if your bidding on that harness i need it so im gonna have to out bid ya.

·
Registered
734 Posts
baker423 said:
He is not lookin to make anything off this, just needs it gone!
Well, he's sure not giving the stuff away for free! :) Naa, not a bad price on the stuff you picked up. I had the Honda dealership close to the Speedway order a front bumper lip for me (I figured even with the price being higher than Majestic, the money I saved on shipping would make up for it). Dude told me it came with all the hardware after I specifically asked if I needed to order any. Ran over on my lunch break a few days later to pick it up, and of course, no hardware :) It only came with the hardware to attach the little end brackets to the rest of the lip. The point of the story, anyway, was that the lip costs $75 or $80 new, so that alone makes your purchase pretty worthwhile. They wanted FIFTY BUCKS for the hardware to attach the lip to the bumper, by the way. $50 for like 10 screws and clips. I used a cordless drill and about 50 cents worth of zip ties instead, which worked like a charm.

Too bad he doesn't have any of the random interior parts that I'm looking for, oh well.

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ryan_long_01 said:
The point of the story, anyway, was that the lip costs $75 or $80 new, so that alone makes your purchase pretty worthwhile. They wanted FIFTY BUCKS for the hardware to attach the lip to the bumper, by the way. $50 for like 10 screws and clips.

Too bad he doesn't have any of the random interior parts that I'm looking for, oh well.
I paid $20 for the lip from him, obviously not new, but in good shape with hardware.
Email him, he has tons of random and tedious interior parts that he has not listed on ebay. Full basement full of stuff, clips, moldings etc...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Any more cargo covers?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Does he have the stock mud flaps? I could also use a set of stock floor mats if he has those.

·
Registered
1 Posts
baker423 said:
Dodo said:
Does he have the stock mud flaps? I could also use a set of stock floor mats if he has those.
I think he might, but e-mail him tofind out for sure.
Hi all... I am JayJay..

I am the person that this post is about. I do have lots of parts left..mostly liitle things.. but I do have a rolling shell in my driveway as well..

hit me up... be specific about what you need.. and i'll let you know if I have it..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts