·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the test pull a few nights before we left

First stop, to visit Charles in TX.

Then further...

The next day on the strip

This is inside the place above, not outdoors.

Hoover Dam on the way out.
Then the next day

Some short dork by the ledge

Actually got to do a little climbing down there

While I was enjoying the canyon Stacie was

(She did get out on the 1st and last stop there)
Anyway on the the real destination, Tucson

Nuff said, right?

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere Texas at around 11:40 at night a tire on the tow dolly blows

ripping the fender the rest of the way off the dolly. (It was starting to break before from the chained down tires)

(These 2 pics were frome the next morning)
Changed the tire and replaced the blown fuse for the tailights and go to leave and it wont start, aghhh! smacked the starter a few times and it worked. Drove a little longer and stayed overnight in some place called Ozona.
Rigged the tailight to the pan of the dolly the next day and made it home around 3am the next morning.
I figure I drove around 60+ hours in those 8 days

Again I want to thank John for selling me the car and being a really cool guy. This crx makes #9 and I think the 12th I've owned.
It should be drivable again somewhat soon.

Been uploading pics for hours it seems, way more here
http://photobucket.com/albums/v142/shorte-/The Trip/ pw is "checkthisout" to view. Click on "The trip"
More pics when I have time to mess with the car more.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Lots of familiar stuff in those pictures! Compare yours:

...and mine - my husband and son on the same trail!

I also recognized those shots of The Venetian in Las Vegas; went to a conference there once.

And, you're coming to Tucson? Are you moving here?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
my favorite is the "hot babes" billboard. certainly don't see that most places.

someday I will go out west, someday i swear! those grand canyon pics are awesome.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Neil said:
You sir are a MAD MAN!!!

Nice trip. Start point, furthest point? Total miles?
Yeah before I was thingking "Whatever, it's just driving alot"
After "I can't believe I did that" My hands hurt from gripping the wheel trying to keep the tow dolly in one lane (I think it sticks out like 1.5 foot on each side of the car).
Start: Kenner, LA to Fort Worth, TX Then to Albuquerque,NM then to Las Vegas
back to Williams, AZ then to the Grand Canyon, then down to Tucson, AZ
From Tucson to Ozona, TX then home.
I think it was something like 3750 miles total.
Laure said:
And, you're coming to Tucson? Are you moving here?
Sorry I was already there, I'm home now. I would have loved to figure out who was on or near the way to stop and meet more crx people but time was very limited and Stacie would have been even more of a pain to drive with. I was thinking about trying to have time to look at your car while I was out there since you've said you don't have trustworthy honda mechanics around there. Sorry.
And not moving there either, I do want to get out of this crap hole state though...but I can't go too far from either of my daughters.

·
Registered
416 Posts
When they get stuck together like that in the first pic just use a garden hose...cold water usually does the trick...you don't want a bunch of black and yellow muts every where.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
joshman said:
When they get stuck together like that in the first pic just use a garden hose...cold water usually does the trick...you don't want a bunch of black and yellow muts every where.
If they come out looking like Ollie's car I won't mind :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
are those 2 different black crxs or did you just change the wheels before you left?

either way, the 5 spoke wheels look PERFECT on your car... i want some.

are they just the intergra GSR wheels?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Charlie said:
are those 2 different black crxs or did you just change the wheels before you left?

either way, the 5 spoke wheels look PERFECT on your car... i want some.

are they just the intergra GSR wheels?
No it's the same car, I put new tires on the GSR's and just swapped them right before the trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.