Honda CRX Forum banner

N12... we may need your help to organise it.

9K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  Don_the_CDN 
#1 ·
Hi folks, It seems that a certain someone isn't too reliable and even the previous organiser is getting worried. Ken e-mailed me and asked if I could "keep it quiet" but to see about organising the meet this year. Is anyone up for this task? Anyone in the vicinty of Niagara and can check out for a meet site and a camping site? All the other details like prizes or contests etc can come later. Please keep it quiet and don't alert Geoff yet. I have e-mailed him to see if he actually does have a place set up. I know he is most probably swampped but still we need this train moving. Please e-mail me at: invisibleman23@hotmail.com.

Thanks.

Don

#4 ·
Don_the_CDN said:
By the way State side is something that we should consider because of the reputation we have in Ontario.
Yeah but then the drinking age is 21 wich sort of screws some of us "younguns" over.

#5 ·
does Beer, Fire, Vandalism, and Strippers give any clues? How about we've been kicked out of 2 campgrounds?

If we're looking to have it state-side this year, that leaves me to do, huh? I'm closest to Niagara on the south side of the border. I would love to organize the meet this year, but if I were too to do so, I don't think I could pull anything off til probably late August.

There are numerous parks along Lake Ontario down this way, I had done a quick google check, and I'm sure there is plenty of camping too. IIRC there is a pretty neat go-kart track in Buffalo (15 mins from Niagara or so).

#8 ·
Just being around 100 or so CRX's will be a big enough "high" for me... I can have a great time talking with everyone about what we all have in common without the alcohol and vandelism. Who needs it anyways to have a good time? What a freaking shame... Hopefully there will be an N12; I really want to go.

#10 ·
While N11 definately got out of hand in the end (tree pulling), I think there is some serious over-reacting going on.

The old geezer was grouchy that -we- (all of us) took his old wood.
He was very well compensated for this in hard cash. We were polite when he expressed his feelings, we cleared up the mess, and he did not bother us any further the next day.

What was worse, is that a couple of people "thanked" them even further for their hospitality by doing burnouts and peeling out of the campground like madmen, leaving the poor folks burnmarks on their entrance and skidmarks on their field.

-THAT- is the reason we're not welcome anymore. Don't forget it.

#11 ·
It was really sad that the whole thing got out of control. There was basically no respect shown to private property. Some people in thier youth seemed to have the attitude of "f'em". So officially we are banned from the main campground (Camp Park) that was host to the N meets for years, and then last year the owner of the campground that we had been to only once told us we were not welcome back. Imaging that. All that happened was a 30 foot bonfire with the lumber he was using to build a shed!

To be fair, last year, even without the enormous fire the owners were a bit conservative. I think they told Mark and Bas to "keep the swearing down" a day before any of the rest of us showed up!

I am sure that the lesson has been learned and that this year where ever we end up with enough of the old timers around we will be able to keep it in check.

What we need is a campground and a place to hold the meet. The meet can be at the campground IF the owners of the campground don't mind as there will be many more cars than campers. Maybe a cost per entrance could be worked out.

BTW is there anyone here that is in contact with the Montreal group? What are their pans this year? Remember they are the only group that brings along something to look at! :wink:

EDIT: I guess I was typing this at the same time as Bas! All should be clear now!

#12 ·
SETI20 said:
While N11 definately got out of hand in the end (tree pulling), I think there is some serious over-reacting going on.
He was fine with the tree pulling actually. It was all the other crap that we did that got us kicked out. Honestly, I think it was kind of a load of **** anyway. I've been to campgrounds here in the states over the 4th of july to go duning where some of the most unbelieveable **** goes on. I mean drugs (lots), alchohol, public nudity, fist fights vandelism of cars/trucks/rvs speeding through campgrounds in sandrails, jeeps, monster trucks etc...What happened at n11 has been completely blown out of proportion after the fact by people who where there yet failed to step up and saying something THEN and chose to do so later on almost every car forum dedicated to Hondas. I think thats kind of a ***** assed thing to do. If you were there and you had a problem you should have said something. It's not like I or anyone else at the campfire in question was a belligerant drunk or anything. I would have been fine if I was told I was going overboard....but no everyone who had a problem had to bring it up later and point fingers at everyone else.

No I'm not talking about you Bas. You payed for the wood that Geoff and I stole and you helped clean up the trash with the rest of us. It's those that went to sleep and just assumed we went crazy later at night even though we had been pretty much chill the ENTIRE time. In fact it got more laid back later at night(or early morning :p )

Signed -the campfire wood theif.

#13 ·
Damn, I didn't even know about the tree pulling and stuff...

I'd love to go, but I just started a new job and we don't get any time off until 6 months on the job (which would be late July) and I can't do the leave-friday-after-work thing. If it was pushed to august, that might work but still a big question mark.

#14 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
I think if the best thing would be to camp and hold the meet at the same place. There was no one near that place to get mad at loud patry noise. You could bring in some portable showers and johns, it would be ok to camp there as well. PLus, swimming in the lake.

As for me, my goal this year is the FL meet. I can use it as an excuse to see my folks in Georgia as well.
This man speaks the truth.

#15 ·
From the sound of it, I'm glad we didn't stay the 2nd night there. We left right after the meet that Saturday. We camped the first night and nothing bad happened at all. It was extremely chilled out, although maybe a bit loud for the other campers that were close to us (very few). I have no idea what happened the 2nd night, but from what I heard, it sounded like chaos. I don't know. I wasn't there. I don't plan to go to any more N meets. Florida is much closer, and much more organized.

#16 ·
If I go to Florida (and I want to because I would win the coveted long distance award) I will try to plan it to pick up a convoy along the way. I could probably talk Shorte into it and you are also on the way. Still, it's about 1400 miles for me so my A/C and cooling system better be top-notch. Cruise control wouldn't be bad either.

#18 ·
I am currently in Saratoga Springs, NY. I would love to go to N12. I personally would perfer it to be on the Canada side of the border if possible. I have not been to one in the past, so I can say nothing of the location. But hopefully we can get some sort of time frame pretty quick, because honestly, summer is right around the corner. And as mentioned by others, it isn't always that easy to get time off from work, especially when you work for Uncle Sam.

#19 ·
Well here is exactly what Geoff said.

"I set a date and told the website organizers, I guess its time for me to light a fire under thier ass to post it, I told them a while ago.... I'm going to email them right now, FYI N12 is July 8-9

-Geoff

oh yeah, can you pass on the camping info you had?"

Let's see if he answers my new questions and how soon we will have more details. As for the Mtl crew and the eye candy there will be more once more this year. ;-)

#21 ·
Don_the_CDN said:
... Ken e-mailed me and asked if I could "keep it quiet" but to see about organising the meet this year....
Ya, I mean the last thing you would want to do is have information like that posted on an open internet forum frequented by people all over the world :roll:

:lol:

#24 ·
poolchamp said:
I am currently in Saratoga Springs, NY. I would love to go to N12. I personally would perfer it to be on the Canada side of the border if possible. I have not been to one in the past, so I can say nothing of the location. But hopefully we can get some sort of time frame pretty quick, because honestly, summer is right around the corner. And as mentioned by others, it isn't always that easy to get time off from work, especially when you work for Uncle Sam.
A local CRXer! I'm in Troy... if I can go (depends on work) we should head out together.

Charles said:
If I go to Florida (and I want to because I would win the coveted long distance award) I will try to plan it to pick up a convoy along the way. I could probably talk Shorte into it and you are also on the way. Still, it's about 1400 miles for me so my A/C and cooling system better be top-notch. Cruise control wouldn't be bad either.
Where are you Charles? I'm planning on making Florida, I need to see a K-RX! I'll be heading down the whole East Coast, I'd love to meet some other guys on the way down. I'd like to see a line of CRX's going down I-95...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.