Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so after cutting up my debit card for 1 1/2 months. i have accumulated 1500$. So as of late i have realized i not only want a truck but i almost need it. all my friends have 4x4 trucks and in this province trucks are far more respected ( aka get more chicks) than sports cars. at the same time i love my car and don't plan on ever selling it.

so my question where should i sink my savings.

get truck of 5000 and pay off loan, loan would cover truck and insurance of both crx and truck.

option B save up another 500 dollar or so and swap in b16

option C spen 1500 on suspension handling.

let's keep in mind i do still need a new clutch that is going to cost 700$ with parts and labour.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Buy some gold and silver. This is an investment suggestion for everyone. These have whooped all 401ks, new high Dow Joneses... and will continue to do so. Silver has some great potential. Plus, its not like any savings or retirement account. Its true wealth. Its in your hands. If the economy sinks or the dollar devalues, all convential investments will go down or dissapear. Picture this, one day, power goes out all over the place, all communications are down.... Terrorist cyber attack! All records wiped out. (I am not saying that terrorist will be responsible, but it would be a great reason).
Do you need a truck?
Do you need a swap?
Do you need extreme suspension upgrades?
You will always need money in the future.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
downest said:
andrey320 said:
Do you need a truck?
Do you need a swap?
Do you need extreme suspension upgrades?
You will always need money in the future.
You have never seen Road Warrior.
Good point! :lol:

I am interested in this gold/silver thing. The couple problems that come to mind are...the worth of gold/silver will fluctuate, like anything AND isn't all about resale? I mean, what if you have this crap and you can't find anyone to buy it? Do you buy jewelery or blocks of it? Fill me in.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Gold and silver is really like money. It has always been. If you have a gold or silver coin, take it to a coin shop, and they will pay you its value for it. It really is easy to sell. One time I needed some cash, so I took a 1 ounce gold coin to the dealer, he looked at it (did not weigh or measure to see if its fake), and gave me $595, which was its spot value at the time.
The price will fluctuate, you are correct. But what price does not? Take a look at your paper dollar, and all of the investments that are denominated in dollars. The dollar has lost about 25% in the last 5-6 years. Also, don't forget inflation, which is a government reported 2 to 3% per year. If you take all this into account, any gains in the stock market / bond / savings, are down the toilet. How do you guys feel about the penny and nickel being worth more in metal than its face value? Does that not kill your confidence in money. How about a paper dollar? What is it worth? The dollar does not have any backing. It is backed by trillions of dollards in debt. Right now, you can exchange it for goods and services. But everything is getting more expensive. What if China decides to sell its dollar reserves? Many countries have been anouncing their intent to diversify out of the dollar. The implications of this could be very extreme / catastrophic.
Another important factor is tax. We pay taxes on everything. Precious metals investments (physical) can avoid taxation. When you go to a local dealer (or a reputable online dealer), if you purchase over $1000, you do not pay tax. When you go to sell, you do not pay tax (there are exeptions in this - like large amounts or certain coins).
These investments are also great for those who are doubtfull about the strength of our economy. If it crashes, you still have your coins / bars. Most investment advisors (good ones) recommend at least 10% in gold. This is changing now. They are starting to recommend 25%. Some are more extreme.
The reason I recommend silver, is that it is highly used by industry. Unlike gold, up to perhaps half of the mined silver is used by industry. This silver will never be seen again. It is used in minute amounts in electronics, medical equipment, and many other industrial uses. The USA does not have any stockpiles of silver (same with gold - fort knox is a joke). There is less above ground silver than gold.
You can also take a look at the price explosion in gold and silve in the late 1970s. Gold price went to $850 and silver to $50. Inflation adjusted, these numbers in current dollar value, are gold $2300 and silver $125. At the moment, gold is around $630 and silver $13. This price explosion was due to the oil crisis, high inflation, and political termoil (does this sound familiar?).
Anywho, I can talk on this subject forever. Probably boring for most people. If you are interested in more info, please let me know. I can keep posting here or pm or email. Also, check out this website - http://goldismoney.info/forums/index.php . The precious metals forum will have tons of info and very knowledgeble people. The general discussion is also great for current issues. Keep in mind that this website caters to certain people. I hope that I have began to open some peoples eyes and minds.
Again, feel free to ask any questions. I'll do my best to provide unbiased info / advice.

·
Registered
952 Posts
As right you should be. Those are good trucks. I vote truck. Its always good to have an extra car/truck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.