id like to help you with this fab work lemmie know what i can do to help.
I like the idea of two of the mounts connecting to the passenger seat bolts. Seem pretty solid. The third mount would need to access another bolt somewhere beyond the shifter. I will take a lok at my rex.
Goals off the top of my head:
1) Does not block AC controls too much.
2) Does not block shifter at all.
3) Does not block AC vents
4) Quick disconnect for the laptop.
5) Locking ball joint to adjust laptop angle.
6) Use existing bolts to attach, no drilling.
7) Carbon fiber decal wrap. :lol:
Seriously, I don't think it would be worth it if someone has already done it. Seems like it may be expensive. If you did create it, you could probably sell a few to make it worth your while.
If I find a good one, or you can make one, I can see having a USB connection to the ECU among other things. It would be a carputer that quick-disconnects when not in use.