Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i need help is there a write up with pic's on how to remove the door molding,fender molding and the quarter panel ones also. also how do you take off the side skirts and door caps. i need to repaint them with black trim paint cause mine are faded bad

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
9 times out of 10, when you try to remove them from the body, you'll break the tabs that hold them in place. The tabs cannot be had from Honda, you'll end up having to buy new moldings.

I'd suggest masking around them and repainting them while on the car.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
The trim usually self destructs when you try to pull it off, unless you can get behind it and squeeze the tabs in. For the fender trim, take the fender off and it's easy. For the rear quarter trim, take the interior rear side panels out and you can see them. I'm not sure if you can reach the inside of the trim on the doors, but if you pop the door panel off you should be able to at least see if you can reach them. The door trim also has one bolt on the inside of the door, on the rear edge. When my car was painted I bought all new ones so I just yanked all the trim off. The downside to yanking is that it can slightly bend the metal around the tab holes, but you can bang it straight with a hammer. It's behind the trim anyway.

The stock door caps have one bolt on the inside of the door, right on the rear edge, below the trim bolt. Then just pull the bottom outward, and they'll come off (they don't break!). The stock sideskirts have about 14 plastic screws all over them. Two are just in front of the rear tire and are hard to get to unless you take the wheel off.

·
Registered
779 Posts
For the door, pull your panel from the inside and reach it. You can push the clips out. There is also a screw I beleive on the outside of the door jam for it. Do the same clip trick (going from the back of the molding) for all of them. For the front fender, simply pull it off. For the rear one, pull the interior panel out and you will see them (along with some rust if that's what your fixing). You should pull your interior panels for both rear sides anyways to assess the condition of the panel on the inside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.