Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with DC integra knuckles on a ED/EE/EF chassis?

I have heard that DA knuckles have similar geometry to ED knuckles, but that they are 1/4 taller at the upper ball joint mounting boss.
I've heard that the DC knuckles are even more different and cause irrepairable changes to the suspension geometry, basically eating tires. I'm curious about this, and wish I could get my hands on a DA and DC knuckle so I could actually measure and compare geometries.

I have searched around honda-tech and on google to see if I could find some info on the difference but have come up empty handed.

In the mean time, does anyone have any experience or insight?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, i've been pking around honda-tech (usless) and around craigslist (useful). There is a lot of comflicting information regarding DA and DC knuckles on a ED/EE/EF chassis. Sooooooo, it looks like I will soon have ED DA and DC knuckles in my posession. Once i do have them I will conduct a thorough study to look at the differences in critical dimensions and their effect on caster/camber/toe throughout the range of suspension travel. I will then Use what is appropriate for my big brakes and post a writeup with my findings. I'm just tired of weeding through tons of useless postings on honda-tech archives jsut to find information that is really just people's opinions without hard data to back them up.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya well, I'd like to know right now too. But with so much bad information it looks like I'm going to have to buy the DA and DC knuckles myself so I can know for sure.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm picked up a set of DA knuckles from some kids who are parting out a 90. They've got the stock b18a1 as well and will let everything on/for the motor go for $700.
Anyway, I've heard that the DC knuckles have even worse geometry than the DA ones on a ED chassis so I'm probably going to be using these on my car. PLus I want to use the same measurement methods for all three knuckles for sake of presicsion. But thanks much for the offer, Scott.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 96 JDM Type R knukles on my car , I know the geometry is not correct from the info I found, but with the camber kit I have no odd tire wear or anything else that would make me think its going to self destruct. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.