Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't want to pay more that $200 for all a set of 4 tires.
i want performance over logevity.
tire size if for swirlies (91 si rims).

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
If you look hard for them, you can get some Falken Azenis RT-215. I think everyone is sick of me raving about these tires, but I love them. I've borrowed them from my friend (using his wheels too) a couple of times. I just got mine, and since they are discontinued, they are really cheap. I got mine for 200 bucks, so there you go. Everyone that has any left only seems to have 14s. Vulcan tire is out, I actually tried to get mine through them right when they ran out, so I got them on ebay. Get them in 195-60-R14.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sumitomo HTR 200 are cheap and VERY highly rated. They cam in third in their catagory on Tire Rack... the other two tires ahead cost at least double the Sumi's

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been trying to get some Azenis RT-215 for a while now. Like you said, it seems it is hard to come by. That is the reason why I asked for any suggestions :eek: . I can stretch my tires for another month or two, and try to get the RT-215 thru ebay. I will also check the Sumis and Toyo.

Thanks for all the response.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Don't wait too long if you want the RT-215. I got 2 last week and the other 2 just shipped, I got the last 2 in the northeast warehouse, so I'm waiting on 2 more from cali.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i have been riding on the falken ziex 512's for over 3 years now. i have only replaced the tires once because I got new rims and they were bigger. the falkens go for around 50 on discounttiredirect.com and i would recommend them to anyone. they have excellent water traction and the car is very responsive on dry pavement.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I running the 512's on my DD 96 Civic and I talked my brother into putting them on his 300ZX..no complaints from either of us.

Nice thing about the 512's is that you can find them at a lot of places and the price is great.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I have a couple of friends using those too, they love them. My stepdad had them on his EM1 for a few years, he also liked them a lot. I personally think there are better tires out there, depending what you're using them for. If you have snow where you live, but you run snows in the winter, get something more aggressive, like Pirelli P-Zero Nero. My roommate runs those on his RSX type S as 3 season tires, and blizzaks in the winter, and they are pretty amazing for 3 season tires.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I recently got some new azenis rt615 for my stock 14' rims. These tires are great!! My old tires were really worn, so the new ones not only handle 10X better, but actually got rid of some noise and rattles. I paid only $190 for them. I got a hold of a tire wholesalers phone # from a friend named Jay, called them, and said I know Jay - they said, "Jay of Jays tires?" - I said yes so they sold them to me (I don't know Jays tires).

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I've driven on both Azenis, the new ones are just as good. I've heard they handle heat and water better, but haven't driven them in the wet. Heat handling is better, the old ones need to be warmed up, but they get bad after a minute or so of hard driving in autocross.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you're looking for a bargain basement prices without trading quality/performance, check out Kumho 716 at Tirerack.
They run around $35/tire.
Don't let the price fool you...they perform pretty darn decent wet/dry and last a reasonable length of time.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I got the Kumho 711's, I like them and they last way longer than the Summitomo HTR's that I'll never buy again.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
The 716s are now called Solus. I've heard nothing but good about the 711s. Just make sure you don't use them as winter tires unless yo live in the south like Shorte and me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts