Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right, the old school Nintendo Entertainment System!

I just got Kid Icarus yesterday in the mail from an Ebay win. Man, that game is hard. I haven't beaten the first level yet. I still bust my old school games out and play them from time to time. I still haven't beaten the original Super Mario Bros but I've beaten every Mario game to come out since on all platforms. What's good with some Mega Man...that **** is hard!

I have the top loading NES, traded a guitar amp for it. It works everytime you slide a game into it!

I'm thinking about picking up Castlevania. Metroid is still one of my all time favorites.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jfrolang said:
Sweet man. I wish I still had my older systems. I have no idea what happened to my NES or Super NES, my N64 is in storage.

I may in fact pick up a Nintendo Wii later this year, just for the retro gaming. And Zelda of course. :)
I'm gonna be "that guy" waiting in line the night it comes out. The Wii looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I came home last night to find someone (I think my sister's boyfriend) had set up a Sega Genesis, complete with 32X and Sega CD (never had the 32X or the CD!). Unfortunately, it didn't work when I plugged a game in!

The Wii looks cool, unfortunately, I won't be buying one due to lack of funds. My roommate will most likely be getting a ps3, I've been hearing about it for years!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm rockin' a dreamcast with almost every car driving game they make. I even have a set of Atari Pole Position seats (with speakers) from an arcade game that I'm going to add pedals and a steering wheel to at some point.

The old games are so much fun. Someone gave me a CD with every NES game on one disk, it plays on the dreamcast, and it's constantly in the machine.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I'm going to pick up Metroid and Zelda. I have them all for all of the systems...how sad is that? I sort of want a PS3 but the price is keeping me far far away. I wouldn't even pay $400 for one.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
You're right, $600 is entirely too much for a game system. And even at that price, I wonder how much Sony is losing on each one? Blu-ray players by themselves are going for $999. I bought a PS2 in 2003 for Grand Theft Auto 3 and Gran Turismo 3. Now GTA is also on Xbox, and there's no way I'm gonna invest over $800 (system+game+steering wheel) just for GT5. No game is worth that much.

A bit off-topic, but what's your opinion of Metroid Prime vs. Metroid Prime 2? I've played through the first one at least 10 times, but on Prime 2 I quit halfway through the 2nd time. It didn't hold my interest, and the dark world just pissed me off. Hopefully Prime 3 will be stellar. The videos at least look promising.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I won't pay that money for a PS3. I love the RPGs that Sony brings to the playstation but the PS3 isn't worth it to me.

Metroid Prime is my favorite game to date. It used to be Super Metroid until Prime came out. Prime 2 was ok, but I agree I hated the dark world. It really cut back on the whole explore aspect of the game and just turned it into a mad dash for the safe zones. I got to the end boss, died the first time and never played it again. I've been wanting to go back and play Prime 1 over but never have gotten around to it yet. Too many other games to play. The DS Metroid game sucks. The controls are horrid. I played it once and haven't picked it up since. I may try to finish it one of these days.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I still rock my old front loading NES, it's on it's second contact kit (this is what makes your screen blue or flash the red light) and about the fifth controller rebuild kit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i have a NES , duck hunt is by far one of my favorite games ..

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I play the old school NES, SNES and arcade games on emulators. Almost as good as the real thing. Nothing like playing the REAL Mortal Kombat.

·
Registered
734 Posts
[quote="Dren"I still haven't beaten the original Super Mario Bros[/quote]

I've never heard anyone say that, haha. Every 9-year-old I knew in elementary school mastered the hell out of that game pretty quickly :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol it's sad because that is the only one i haven't beat yet. i've beaten all of them, 3 probably being the hardest. got to the end level with 30 lives and beat it with my last life. damn i was so happy lol. mario 2 isn't too bad but the controls suck at times. the bosses are too easy. the new super mario bros for the DS is awesome but again the bosses are way too easy. i got all of the stars on mario 64, never did get all the sunshines on mario sunshine, but i did beat that one. the old gameboy marios were fun too. i got three stars on the new super mario bros, i got 96 on super mario world, i got 100% on everything including the bonus stages on super mario world 2 yoshi island....just never have beaten mario 1. hell i tried the other day and couldn't do it. how sad is that? i get to the hammer head bros and die. damnit!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Synoptic said:
I have a ColecoVision with Qbert and DonkeyKong :p

I miss Zaxxon.
Ditto - I've got a ColecoVision sitting in a bag with around 20 games and the trackball thingie. Last time I tried to start it up, the best I could get out of it was a garbled startup screen.
Luckily, there are several emulators available on the net.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.