Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a new passenger side axle mine is on its way out... Anyway the question I have is anyone know if there is a certain one I should look for or avoid? On my rusted out 89 civic hatch and we just replaced it with one from autozone but I want to make sure for my crx that its a good kind. Hoping to get it taken care of as soon as possible.Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
If you're interested in quality you can buy an overpriced axle from Honda, $300+ per side. Or you can go to Autozone and buy a $60 axle with a lifetime warranty. There's not a huge difference in quality, and for a standard-torque application I don't think you can go wrong there. I run Autozone Integra axles with my B swap. The intermediate solution is to buy axles from Raxles, I think they're about $119 per side.

I will recommend replacing both at the same time, if one is bad it can't be too much longer before the other side starts clicking.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very good point! Never really thought about that. Thats most likely what I'm going to do is just do the autozone "special" because money is tight and if they keep my crx running thats all I need, especially with only a stock dx engine. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I look at this the same way i look at the 6.5 inch ring gear that used to be in my v8 vega and the 7.5 that is currently in my monte carlo ss. .

Untill you start breaking stuff stock is fine. my 6.5 inch ring gear hold up really fine untill i really started beating on it. . . .then i replaced it with something better. . .

now my 7.5 in the monte carlo is still holding up well we will see fter a season at the tack with the slicks on i imagine i will be upgrading it as well. . .

back to my point. . . . .some stock axles will work out fine for you . . and i would replace both. . . and then you dont have to worry about axles for a long time to come. . .

good luck

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.