Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there, i was wondering if someone could help, i'm thinking of buying a 93 cr-x vtec, i was wondering if there was anything i should look out for, normal problems or niggles, or areas where there is likely to be something serious.
the one i have in mind has been lowered an inch, has new wheels and tires and looks in good nik. any help would be much appreciated.
cool site btw.

fish...

·
Registered
859 Posts
i was just about to say they never made a rex in 93 then i realized that your not in america are you lol, just make sure it runs good

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Welcome to the site! As you can tell by the responses so far, this site mainly consists of owners of the 1st and 2nd generation CRX's. The 3rd generation CRX (Del Sol in North America) was a completely different car and most CRX owners seem to shun them for many different reasons (small storage space, lack of room, heavy weight vs power, etc.)

Good luck in your new car pursuit. Hopefully you find one you like that treats you well.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
The DelSol VTEC was the one with a B16, right? I thought they didn't start making those until '94 or '95. I recall reading that '93 was the first model year, during which Honda only sold the S (D15B7) and Si (D16Z6) models. I guess the foreign markets could be different. :/

·
Registered
218 Posts
bobski said:
The DelSol VTEC was the one with a B16, right? I thought they didn't start making those until '94 or '95. I recall reading that '93 was the first model year, during which Honda only sold the S (D15B7) and Si (D16Z6) models. I guess the foreign markets could be different. :/
Yeah I was just gonna say the same thing. It's probably different over there in Europe.

·
Registered
634 Posts
It seems we're talking about a foreign-market car here (del Sol in the US, CRX in other markets). Since the B16 VTEC was available in the 2nd-gen CRX in other markets, I'd assume it was available in the "3rd-gen" CRX in those markets as well, probably right from the start of production. Sure, we didn't get it HERE until '94 or '95, but Honda typically holds the good stuff back from the US anyway...

Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for the resposes guys, though you kinda lost me on the techy talk, B16??? I am in europe, Birmingham, England to be precise, its a shame there isn't a following like you guys have over there, or if there is i can't find one.
i have bought it though, pick it up tomorrow morning, its beaut! i'm not sure how they differ from your's over there, but its got full leather interior, black seats red stitching, with CRX in the backrest, the really nice footwell carpets that someone out there say are really hard to get hold of. and no rust or anything!! couldn't believe it, an only 70000 on the clock, not bad for a 13 yold car.

i'll post some pictures if you wanna, soon as, my girlfriend aint to happy though, she thinks its ugly!! fool!

Fish...

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Congrats on the new car, Fish. Get those pics up ASAP so we can see what we're talking about here. :D

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Newfish said:
i'm not sure how they differ from your's over there, but its got full leather interior, black seats red stitching, with CRX in the backrest, the really nice footwell carpets that someone out there say are really hard to get hold of.
Yup, that's quite a bit different. :D

PICS!

·
Registered
859 Posts
wow i wish i was across the pond you guys have sooooo many sweet cars

gl with the del slow lol

is it a single or dual cam?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if you havn't already, check the pics in the gallery. How much does it differ from yours over there?

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
We didn't get the rear spoiler
we got a less powerful engine (B16 in yours puts out 150hp, our best is the D16 w/108)
We didn't get those nice leather seats
looks like you have power windows, not an option here
RHD vs LHD
Floor mats are different
our rear bumper is different (smaller license plates in the US)
We didn't get fog lights in the rear
our front bumper lights don't wrap around
our grill in the front bumper is also different
we didn't get the fender turn signals (behind the wheels)
We have a different hood
we also didn't get painted mirrors or door handles

I'm sure theres more too...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts