Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a CRX tommorow and I wanna throw a new motor in it right away. My choices (That ive been shown) are a zc vtec turbo and a B16A.

Now.. Which is cheaper roughly and which would last up longer. I plan to take this to the track. I will be upgrading the suspension and drivetrain before spring time.

Thoughts

·
Registered
859 Posts
jfrolang said:
there's no such thing as a ZC VTEC, unless it's a SOHC ZC with a VTEC head swapped on.

what year/model is the rex you're getting? What engine is in there now?

Anything's reliable when done properly.
x2 on the zc

the zc if u can find a decent one will prolly need to be rebuilt anway

·
Registered
20,330 Posts
jfrolang said:
there's no such thing as a ZC VTEC, unless it's a SOHC ZC with a VTEC head swapped on.
YES there is a SOHC vtec that has ZC stamped on the block. IT is basically the same as a D16Z6
It was in used in other parts of the world in other Honda models, such as the Del Sol EG1/VGi, Civic EJ3/EXi, EJ3 Coupe, and the Domani MA4/Vi.

The only configuration that ZC does not come in is a DOHC Vtec.

·
Registered
10,927 Posts
baker423 said:
jfrolang said:
YES there is a SOHC vtec that has ZC stamped on the block. IT is basically the same as a D16Z6
It was in used in other parts of the world in other Honda models, such as the Del Sol EG1/VGi, Civic EJ3/EXi, EJ3 Coupe, and the Domani MA4/Vi.

The only configuration that ZC does not come in is a DOHC Vtec.
yes I have heard this on d-series.org not very common as a swap brought over hear by importers though. Too bad you couldnt of used this type of researched and help out this guy with the right info baker.
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=3867

Just busting balls :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.