Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a search on google for CRX. Are they really making a new one? I havnt herd anything, but this is probably old news to you guys. If they are, what do you think will be in it?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
No.

And even if they did, it wouldn't b the same. Times and technologies have changed. It would most likely be heavier and with more creature comforts.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Hardly.

If they do: It'll be an overweight pig, and will likely not be powered by a K motor. If it is, it'll be an econo motor, and not a k20a2 or anything. It'll be big, and probably not handle very well. It'll look akward, and not carry over ANY of the major styling cues that the crx has to offer, except for a faint glimpse of a flat rear window, which will probably look much like that mercedes or worse, a smaller aztec.

If they don't make it: Most people will continue to say "i told you so", and yell and complain that Honda doesnt make another CRX, but then yell and complain when they DO make the crx, because of all of the above reasons.

Regardless, the only thing it will share is a FAINT resemblance of overall shape, and an overweight and flexible shell, so we're almost better off NOT having it made, because the new one won't reflect much heritage... but if they do make it, it may boost the value and consumer awareness of the 'classic' CRX body.

Now... would i buy it? Well, depends on what motor it includes, what it looks like, and how much it is. If it has a K20, is priced reasonably, and carried over clean, aggressive, and very accurate details, then yes, i would still buy it to compliment my "classic" 8)

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
I don't think they will build it, but the rumors never end. Every year it's the same old, same old.

That's not to say that Honda couldn't build one, they apparently just don't want to. And Honda has never disappointed me with the way their cars look, even if sometimes the design needs to grow on me first.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that Honda has a platform very close to a CRX now.. it's called the Insight. All they need to do is widen the rear track, upgrade the suspension and throw in a K20 and a CRX sticker. An R18 or a K20A3 would even be acceptable in such a lightweight car. Certainly not impossible, rather cost effective the way I see it. And I don't think anybody here would object to the design. :wink:

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I remember going to the Honda dealer in 96 with my dad, and the dealer was telling us about the new CRX that would be coming out next year (as my dad was handing over the keys to his rex). I would like to see a new generation come out, like John said, to make the awareness and value of our cars go up. Park your cars next to the new Civic Si coupe, notice anything? I just read the thread about a new Si sedan, and if they are doing different models of the Si now, whose to say they wouldn't make a special CRX version? I really don't think it's that far off, and yes, it's K powered.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Heres somthing I drew up after the new Si came out....Its a cross between the new civic and the global platform concept that was out a while ago. it is very unlikley that honda will make it anything like our beloved crx.... But we can dream

-James-

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
there was talk about an 07 model coming out..... there were articles and everything on it..... . .was that all just bs??? hopefully because I will want to buy one... and dont have the money..... but it would be nice if we got a new one. . .. . but like eveyone said.... . . it will be a pig...

k power and good attention to design could make a decent car.... but who knows. . . .. . we should just be happy that we have the ones that we have.. .

Chris

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think that Autoweek misheard their insider scoop. There was a GRX in the latest autoshow... that also coincided with the 2006 date mentioned.

I don't think there is going to be another CRX. It's up to us to start chopping down the RSX and building up the Insight.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wonder how many batteries it took to make 1000 hp!! :D

man that thing is just sick!

enviromentalists everywhere get ill looking at that insight!

later

SNeak

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Having seen that car run in Phoenix at the beginning of last season, i can say without a doubt, and without any question, that there are two statements that could be true of that car..... Either:

1.) That chassis is too short of a wheelbase, and also because of the different track widths, it is unstable at high MPH.... As it was going down the track under power, it was way out of control. I was trying to place bets on when it was going to hook, and hit a wall... It is an 'E-Class' ticket ride to death. You could not pay me enough money to drive it.

Or....

2.) The dude that owns/drives it can't drive worth a s---.......

but who knows? lol :lol:

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
It sure doesnt take long to get a New CRX post? i think ever since I got the rex back in 97 and been on the internet I have seen some crap about the 98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06and now 07 crxes and they all have something in common THEY DONT EXIST! At first it was some Mazda concept someone enhanced as the new crx then it was a photochop Insight, then a photochopped RSX also seen some also based off the new Si. It will never happen they donto need a 2 seater compact it wouldnt sell today. The Miata only sells because its a drop top girl car. Can you imagine how much that thing would weigh? That crappy chevy aveo weighs in at around 2500 maybe more cant remember thats heavy for the size! It will take till around july, aug then the 08 rumors will come out and we will go over this again.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Yeah, no kidding. This should be at the top of the FAQ section:

Q: Is there really going to be a new CRX coming out next year?
A: nope

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can someone tell me what the K20 is?

I just know that I can still get 40 mpg on my 89 Honda CRX DX model.
So, yes it seems unethical not to remake this car. We have loads of these Mini Coopers in my City, yet I hear their gas milage sucks. It's only their small size for parking I think makes them popular here.

I'm not a race driver. But I know the shape of my CRX, the width versus
the length gives it such a smooth ride.

Dream.........yes that the only cars on the road were CRX's. Even getting
cut off by one would be a heavenly act compared to the "pigs" as you call
them that seem as though they will tip or flip over at any moment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts