Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I do with my Rex?
Sell it to the highest bidder.110.00%
Just store it untill I have the time to invest into it.990.00%

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its been a while since I've post here. I've been staying pretty busy with work and all. I was hoping to get a lot of work done on my Rex this summer but it just didn't happen. My mom blew the headgasket on her Integra and unfortunately I haven't had time to get to it so she has been running around in my Rex. There was so much I was wanting to do to it but I just didn't have the time.

I have been doing a lot of work to my brother's 300zx though. I was a
little intimidated at first when I first looked at the engine bay. We ended up replacing the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, and idlers as part of the 60K maintenance. We also swapped out the crank pulley for a couple of extra horses. New aluminum radiator from the Radiator Barn. One piece drive shaft from Z1 Motorsports and an aluminum short shifter from there as well. Plus we added some Nismo mounts and radiator cap. Fun little project and lots more to come.

My Daily daily driver for the past 18 months has been a 96 Civic DX. After driving my brother's car for the past couple of months I couldn't go back to driving that thing any more. So after a lot of research for a sporty but luxurious coupe I found the perfect car.

2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport Coupe with six speed manual transmission.

So the Civic is sold. Now here comes my dilema, what should I do with my Rex?

·
Registered
20,274 Posts
jfrolang said:
I guess you should be realistic and decide if you want to keep it and improve on it, or if you will no longer have the time and money for it.
^^^ what he said.

On a more opinionated note, i would have saved the money and NOT bought the Mercedes. Or would have sold the Crx and taken the money that you would have used for the Mecedes and gotten and old school M series BMW. :D

But GL on whatever you decide.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
If you have to ask the question, then you don't deserve a CRX! :p

Serioulsy, how many CRX's could you have bought for what you paid for the Mercedes-Benz? :shock:
Wow those are some harsh words. I love my Rex to death. While all my friends tell me to sell it I just tell them they don't understand. I'm not the one thinking of selling it. I just wonder sometimes if I am the person to give it the tlc it needs. I've had the car for five years now and couldn't imagine selling it. But none of my friends see what a beautiful car it is. But I just absolutely hate seeing it just sit.

How many Rex's? Well if in mint condiiton, maybe two. :p But after thinking about it for a while a mint condition Rex still wouldn't even come close to what the Benz offers. I kind of see the Benz as a grown up Rex in many ways. Like the Rex, the Benz C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe production was ended pretty early. The car was only manufactured from 02-05 and saw pretty disapointing sales even though it was highly rated.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i would say if you don't have to sell it keep it in the garage because maybe (hhopefully not) one day you'll run into a financial dilemna and then you have a small bail out. or we never know what these cars will be worth in a couple years, i don't see them devaluaing to much more. and then maybe on those days where you don't want to take the mercedez out because your not going to the nicest part of town or the rain is really coming down you can pull out the rex to bail you out of these testing times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.