Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to a very nice JY today. It was by far the cleanest I've been to. They only had 1 CRX, a red DX, and a single Si hatch as well, but they had 4 or 5 sedans and a wagovan. I got all the parts I wanted, but was wondering if anyone else wants anything? No, there are no EX knuckles at this place (but I have some now). I was thinking more along the lines of door handles and such. Mark, I tried to get you that vent you asked about a while ago, but it was already broken and duct taped, sorry. The whole dash was gone from the EF too.
I found a Prelude 4ws with the stanley fogs that fit the CRX. I'm going back tomorrow to get some more stuff (didn't bring enough cash!) and I'm going to grab them. What do I want to pull along with the lights themselves to make install easier?
Also, I know this is a little bit "OEM Rice", but how much should I expect to pay for a "VTEC" D series valve cover? There's a complete Z6 there, no tranny, and I want the cover. I feel bad about leaving it open though so I'll grab another off a D15 or something and cover it up. There are also a few virgin P28s if anyone wants one. There's a DA teg with a B18C1, but the head is missing, I could only tell from the block stamp.
This place is really cool, they have some old minis and a few Porsches, some rare 80s BMWs, (6 and 8 series!) and a lot of other normal stuff, but everything is very well organized and complete.
I'm going back tomorrow or thursday, let me know if you need anything, or if there's anything else I should look out for from other models or other brands that can be used on the CRX, like DSM turbo parts. They were closing when I was there and I saw a pretty beat looking Starion/Conquest on the way out, so I'm gonna give that a good look over.
Also I just got a cam phone today so I'll take some pics of the stuff you ask about so you can see it before I pull it.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I could use the harness connector plugs for a obd1 ecu and dizzy.
Also,l how much would a manual p28 be? I may want that too, but i'm tight on cash.
Let me know!

Thanks Tom.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
I need the driver's side vent in black for a 90 DX. Let me know if you can find one.
Mark, that's the one I mentioned I looked for. Would one out of a sedan work? Like I said, the one in the CRX was already broken, and the dash was taken out of the hatch.

jmart said:
I could use the harness connector plugs for a obd1 ecu and dizzy.
Also,l how much would a manual p28 be? I may want that too, but i'm tight on cash.
Let me know!
I have the harness dizzy plugs already, you can have them. I'll get the ECU plugs... are you making a conversion harness? How much wire do you want with them? I'll get you a price on a manual P28.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
the heater vent deal? i probably have some of those....i just filled up a garbage bag with misc interior pieces...ill have to check it out when i get home.

I also have those obd1 plugs, jmart......id be happy to cut them off and send them to you for a small consideration :)

I am the best honda junkyard, but not for long!

[email protected]

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SleeperCRX said:
I was wondering if you had happen to come across a climate control module for the crx, mine is broken and i need another one. If you could please check on that, that would be great.
Thanks
You know what, I can't believe it but I didn't even look for it! I need one also though... I'll see what I find. The CRX there is missing a lot, the last inspection sticker on it is 2003, so it's been there a while.

What about the foglights?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Tom, you are awesome! Matt, thanks for the offer too.

I'm just trying to get away with this conversion for as cheap as possible, so whatever works. If Tom's already getting me some other stuff, I'll just try and get it from him first.
Yes, I am making a conversion harness. A few inches ought to do it, maybe like 6".

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok.. stopped by after work today, intending only to get the valve cover and fogs... and I walked away with a complete Z6 head with 30k on it!
The fogs were no good, one was fine and the other's bracket was broken, and since the car was without wheels getting the bumper off was more than I was ready to do.
Mark, I'm sorry, no vent still, but there's another CRX near my dad's house that I'm positive has it.
Jmart, I got all your stuff, you will still need a junk OBD0 ECU to make your harness.
Sleeper, no climate controls, sorry man, good luck finding one though.
Dren, got yours too, no problem.

I'm going back friday, prices are good and there's still a bunch of good stuff there.

·
Registered
293 Posts
how much was a p28 ecu if there is any of them left i might buy one off of you.. pm me with how much they are..

yea i also need a drivers side corner lamp (factory) with the clips that go into the fender
scarponze

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The head is gone... it was like a little kid bringing a puppy home.
I went to the yard right after work (teaching high school) in my nice white shirt and courduroy pants, with sandals. I brough my courier/student portfolio type bag with me to carry my tools, I didn't want to bring everything from the car (I have a LOT of tools, it's a heavy box). So I planned on not getting too dirty, grabbing the fogs, the valve cover, cutting the wires and stuff for you guys. I signed the waiver thing, and asked the guy about prices for the VC and fogs, so you can imagine what they probably thought about me.
So I got out there and took the VC off, and then I saw how mint the head was... 30K I just couldn't say no! So I ended up pulling the head and ruining my shirt, and getting a few other things on the way out, helping a guy pull apart a DC teg for his 93 Si. So then it started raining, and I walked back as fast as I could, with my bag of tools, covered in oil and carrying this head, dirty as all hell, and my hand was bleeding from an altercation with the exhaust manifold's heat shield. I put the head on the counter and the guy just stares at me...
So anyway I get it in my car sitting on the pass. floormat with a little towel under it to absorb the little oil that's left in it. I went to my mother's house for dinner, showed up just barely in time, filthy, and I had to tell my stepdad about the head. They said now what are you going to do with ANOTHER head since I'm already storing most of my parts at the student auto shop... so I said of course I'm gonna sell it! I kind of wanted to keep it and build it up, I've heard and read the Z6 is better than the Y8 head for building up a good NA SOHC. Whatever though, it can be someone else's monster, it ruined my favourite shirt anyway. Before I even was sure I was selling it, I had three people ask me about it. It's sold to someone on here, I'm sure it's going to a good home, I know he is going to drive the crap out of it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.