Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i found this site tonight and i love it already. anyway im 17, (18 in sept.) and currently own a 1990 crx dx, automatic.... i used to have a 1995 civic ex with a LS swap and some other goodies until a jetta pulled out in front of me totalling the car. and just the other week i bought a 1994 integra gsr. my plans are to rebuild the gsr motor and put it into the crx.
-the civic after i crashed it-

-the civic right before it was wrecked-

-after totalling my civic, i needed a car to get to work with so i bought this 1990 crx dx, for $700 bucks, had 168k miles on it, needed nothing for inspection and the only thing i have replaced so far was axles because the cv joints were ripped and the passenger side axle finally snapped. since then i have tinted the front windows to 2.5%( doing the rear ones soon ) and ditched the 13" stock wheels to 14" steelies. there is plenty of primer but no rust.-

-i cleaned up the engine bay of little sohc 1.5L haha she's a runner-

-and here is the 1994 integra gsr i bought for 500 bucks.. it has 188k miles.. and a flat tire.. clean title. i think i got a good deal :)-

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
wow u went for bigger heavier rims....ur just gonna get slower and use more gas.....but still, a little tlc and it could become something nice

·
Registered
912 Posts
welcome to the community buddy. I feel as if were the youngest members here. I just turned 18 in January. You got a good deal on both the cars. Like to see how the GSR turns out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iLLA said:
$500 for a 94 GSR?? did i read that rite?
yea i got the 94 gsr for $500.. it has 188k miles and has been sitting for 3 months so its gonna need a little starting fluid and a tune up to get running good. it will be in my garage sometime this week hopefully. (still have to transfer the title and stuff).. and as for the 14" steelies that i put on. im not worried about mpg.. IMO 14" black steelies look way better than the 13" silver things it had when i got it.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
gsr into a crx you say??? wait for Matt to chime in.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Looks like a fun project. When you trash the DX motor I may be interested in part of the air intake. I'm thinking about bringing my auto DX back to stock.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Tiersin said:
welcome to the community buddy. I feel as if were the youngest members here. I just turned 18 in January. You got a good deal on both the cars. Like to see how the GSR turns out.
Damn dude, I thought I was one of the younger guys on here... you're making me feel old [but not nearly as old as Mark]!

Welcome to the community man, I'm looking forward to seeing another GSRX. I've driven/been in Matt's, and I can tell you you will not be disappointed. How far is Red Hill from NY/New England? We'll have another Northeast guy!

Edited for correctness.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Good to have another member join the club. A GSR, have fun with that. It will sure add power to the little Crx. Enjoy your say here.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
downest said:
Tiersin said:
Damn dude, I thought I was one of the younger guys on here... you're making me feel old!
Old? You? phew.

I've got T-shirts older than you are!
sorry Mark, I fixed it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i live about 50mins to an hour from philly.. so i could get to new york in 2.5-3 hrs. i think.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome to the community. You might not think that $500 for the GSR is that great when you try to get insurance. There in the top ten list of stolen cars every year, so insurance companies charge an arm and a leg to insure them. At your age it will probaly run you $500 a month! I was looking to get an Integra before I got my Rex until I found out how much the insurance would be and I'm 40 yrs. old with a decent driving record. But good luck to you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
downest said:
Tiersin said:
Damn dude, I thought I was one of the younger guys on here... you're making me feel old!
Old? You? phew.

I've got T-shirts older than you are!
Whew.....I thought he was gonna say "underwear" :shock:

bryman

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i just bought the gsr for a parts car mostly. once i take the motor out of it, i might throw the b18b1 swap i have sitting in the corner of my garage in and sell it.. hell i work at body shop, i'll spray a fresh coat of paint on it and with 85k miles on the LS motor i coudl probably get 2 grand for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.