Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm new to the community and currently am the owner of an 03' toyota solara. However, the car is just not fast enough to be a fun car to drive and I have a really good oppurtunity at hand. My uncle is going to GIVE me, yes GIVE me his CRX for nothing at all. He has an s2000 and has no use for the car anymore.

I'm seriously considering it, here is a pic of it (same color/gen except not those wheels) http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/uploads/1139143500.jpg
His isn't so clean as that one, has a little rust but nothing that's not fixable. It has 120,000 miles. I wouldn't put much money into it seeing as he already put headers, intake and exhaust in it.

Nice to meet you all! :D

·
Registered
912 Posts
VERY nice car. welcome, i'm sure you will see this is a great community. I cant believe your just getting that for free! if you can get more pics of the car your getting, please post em.

·
Registered
952 Posts
120 thos with intake headers and exhaust and its free.:shock: Wish i had an uncle like yours. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome, but I do not have it yet, and if I am going to get it I will not know for at least 1.5weeks. My parents are really hesitant about letting me have it. They say it's a "death trap" where as I used to drive a 97" civic coupe which is not too much bigger.

I really want it badly, It looks like such a fun car to drive.

·
Registered
912 Posts
same exact thing my parents said. But then again, every car can be a death trap. As long as your resposable about it, everything should be fine. I think you will find this site has generaly sane minded people who understand how to keep a car like the CRX safe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not exaclty my choice. It's my parents. It is a 89' in turqoise/blue with ~132hp when it was last dynoed (it has headers, intake, and exhuast) so I would assume it's an SI but I didn't ask him about it. I'll give him a call in a day or two and ask him more about it. When he gets home from vacation in a couple of days he said he'll send me some more pictures of it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good lord man, why would you not take a car for free, much less a CRX? Tell your uncle that i'll take it off his hands for free if he doesn't want it.

In all seriousness, welcome to the site. Maybe you could keep the car but not register it. Tell your parents that it is a good opportunity to work on the car while not having it on the road so that you become more familiar with it and be able to drive more safely because of this. Then you can build it up over a few years and then convince your parents to let you put it on the road because you've matured during that time. Hope you get it, later,

- short-A

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
new jersey but the car is in michigan. He showed me a picture on his digicam and that pic I found online was the closest to it.

Edit: Do you know what kind of wheels those are? Cause' if I do get it those look PERFECT for it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it doesn't pass and you or your uncle need to get rid of it. I will buy it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.