Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I currently own a 2005 Chevy Cobalt Four Door. Last week I sold all of my aftermarket parts for it (Intake, Header, Downpipe, Exhaust, Headlights, Springs, Strut Bar, Sway Bar and misc engine parts) to buy a '89 CRX Si I found at a dealership a few hours away.

Here's the car, I haven't bought it yet, I'm currently negotiating the price (trying to get them down to $850 from $990)

My current plans for it are some hardcore restoration, its has ~280k miles on it. Eventually I want to swap in a K20a2. The dealer says the brakes and clutch are on their way out, and it has its share of rust, but she still runs great.

I'm really looking forward to this project :firstplace: [/img]

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
:welcome: .......is this ur first crx, because if it is you'll get addicted........i love the little outdated car. doesnt look like its in the greatest shpe but its a good place to start for a cheap price.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JKG08 said:
:welcome: .......is this ur first crx, because if it is you'll get addicted........i love the little outdated car. doesnt look like its in the greatest shpe but its a good place to start for a cheap price.
Yeah this is my second car overall.

I don't like the price associated with modding a new car, and plus modding a daily driver isnt too awesome either.

I wanted a CRX because, quite honestly, I want to make a street legal go-kart of sorts.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
HackAbuse said:
I want to make a street legal go-kart of sorts.
haha thats what I like about the crx.....it sits nice and low to the ground and is really small......I've had a few of my friends tell me they feel like they're riding in a go-kart......

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JKG08 said:
HackAbuse said:
I want to make a street legal go-kart of sorts.
haha thats what I like about the crx.....it sits nice and low to the ground and is really small......I've had a few of my friends tell me they feel like they're riding in a go-kart......
People say that about my cobalt, only its twice the weight and twice the size.

I cant wait to get my hands on this CRX :)b

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!

Interior looks clean, and the body looks straight.
And its an Si... 8)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SO just a feeler here:

Since this is basically going to be a track/fun car. I was thinking about welding the doors shut, and bonding them in, and just using the windows to get in and out.

I think it would be neat to see a car without doors, you know?

·
Registered
114 Posts
that would be so badass, then shave the door handles and get the window netting. wow that would be sick. you'd have to flat black the car then

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ITruns20s said:
that would be so badass, then shave the door handles and get the window netting. wow that would be sick. you'd have to flat black the car then
I will leave the windows for sure, I was probably going to do power windows, with a remote setup where i can use a remote to open and close the window. I've just never seen a car without doors, and I thought it would be cool to try something new.

Does anyone know if a car can pass inspection with non-opening doors? lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Savage said:
sweet tailight is cheap the interior just needs a litttle spruce up the only thing is the rust is brutal. but if you are looking to make a go-kart project out of it your in the right direction. welcome to the site were sweet so don't worry about it.
The rust doesnt look too bad to me, Just a few weeks with a wire brush, some massive mounts of bondo and sheet metal in some cases, some paint, and I think it'll be fine

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Welcome to the site... . .ncie find. . . . . You are going to LOVE having a crx........

i would work on getting that rust taken care of first and then weld the doors shut. or what ever you ae planning to do to it. . . .

rust is what kills out por little cars. . . . .

once again Welcome

Chris

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys would know better than me..

I want to be at least into the mid 14's or better with this car when I'm finished, what engine should I use?

I'd like to use a K20, but they are on the expensive side a little

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
welcome to the site. it would be a good starter car, but to be honest I wouldnt put any money into unless you have the quarterpanel replaced. There are big sections missing it looks like. Look behind the driver door, there is a big open spot. Bondo is a filler, not a sheetmetal replacement. Cars wont pass inspection if the doors dont open. My moms car failed because the window wouldnt roll down :lol:

On the other hand, if you do want to put money into it, Ive got the swap for you

:twisted:

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I wouldn't weld those doors up... if you street it and wreck, emergency crews would have that much harder of a time pulling you out.

Anyway, I see the car is in New York, where abouts are you? Looks like a decent start for a project.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.