Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I bought my 88 z6 rex from importcustomx and I am going to be replacing all the rust on the body and get the body all straightened out and paint it. ect. basically make this thing look like brand new. also if the car survives until after college I am going to turbo it up and whatnot. heres the car and what i have done to it so far( i also have a momo gotham steering wheel on the way with a nrg hub and quick release 2.0):

this is the for sale pics:

these are the pics of when i detailed it and on the night i got it and brought it to my buddies house. the blue one is his rotrex supercharged k20a 91 dx.

I will be posting more pics as i go on the body work and ect and of course have final results.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
so when is it getting lowered? you got the suspension... SLAM 'ER!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im gunna try and keep as much of a stock look as possible. I plan on racing autocross when i get all the bushings and everything tip top. i also made sure i would have an easily removed sub box so i can just pull em when i go to race. i like the stock ride height too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
mel0n666 said:
i like the stock ride height too.
I have a 80 hf, and i've been looking for some sort of suspension upgrade that will increase the handling but keep the height as close to stock as possible, yours looks as close to perfect as i have seen, what are you riding on :D and what will i need :D thanks!!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UrbanVibe said:
mel0n666 said:
i like the stock ride height too.
I have a 80 hf, and i've been looking for some sort of suspension upgrade that will increase the handling but keep the height as close to stock as possible, yours looks as close to perfect as i have seen, what are you riding on :D and what will i need :D thanks!!!!
pretty much all skunk2 and the pro-c coilovers

upgrade list for the car from the ad:

Skunk2 Pro-c Suspension
Skunk2 Front upper control arms
Skunk2 Lower Control Arms
Skunk2 Front Strut Bar
Skunk2 rear Strut Bar
Skunk2 Lower strut bar
Skunk2 Rear tie bar
Skunk2 Intake manifold
Skunk2 Radiator Cap
Ingalls rear upper control arm(camber kit)
New rear main seal, tranny seals, valve cover gasket etc.

d16z6 SOHC Vtec motor
91 SI transmission
Fidanza 7lb Flywheel
f1 spec stage 3 (6 puck) Clutch
air intake
Edlebrockheader
pace setter exhaust
"high flow" cat
91 si rear disk conversion with brand new oem honda e brake lines
energy suspension trailing arm bushings
stop tech stainless brake lines
Factory Honda HX Wheels
EDM Adjustable headlights with interior switch (pretty sick i love them)
EDM Spoiler (filled wiper hole & mounted with 3m adhesive tape.)
New toyo Spectrums
New radiator
new honda fluid flushed system 3 times..and refilled with new honda fluid
OEM honda filters only used
mobil synthetic 5w30
Brand new Odyssey Battery with custom welded lower mounting point bracket.
Brand new alternator. on 4/26/10
new dsitributor
new plugs and wires
EP3 Seats custom fitted into the car and welded properly.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
crxvtec91 said:
Honda MTF is junk get rid of it!
what do you suggest using instead? i get discounts on amsoil products and plan on running 5w-30 100% synthetic. Imho i think amsoil is the best name in synthetics. My dad only runs amsoil in hid 2002 745i and i only ran it in my camaro (after break in period of course) and plan on fillin this up when i get around to it. maybe a quart of duralube too.

i ran amsoil synthetic performance atf in my camaro and it was great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
mel0n666 said:
what do you suggest using instead? i get discounts on amsoil products and plan on running 5w-30 100% synthetic. Imho i think amsoil is the best name in synthetics. My dad only runs amsoil in hid 2002 745i and i only ran it in my camaro (after break in period of course) and plan on fillin this up when i get around to it. maybe a quart of duralube too.

gm synchromesh is what most people like instead of honda mtf, or penzoil since penzoil make it for gm

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mel0n666 said:
new honda fluid flushed system 3 times..and refilled with new honda fluid
this is talking about coolant. if you read his thread about the issues he was having with the swap he flushed the coolant system a few times ect.

not sure what he used for mtf ill have to ask him.

·
Registered
31 Posts
thanks dude, I saw pl saying scrap mtf from honda nd was like huh? nuttin much better and especially for coolin the honda coolant mix is better than anythin I found, I thought they had switched to transmission fluids

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
UrbanVibe said:
mel0n666 said:

gm synchromesh is what most people like instead of honda mtf, or penzoil since penzoil make it for gm
If the trans is in good shape I put 1qt of synchromesh and the rest cheap 10w-30. If the trans is in some what bad shape I use all synchromesh.

I seen honda mtf make grinding trans worse and have seen grinding trans almost stop grinding with synchromesh.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New steering wheel finally got here today. ive had the hub and quick release for like a week and have been aching to put it all in.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
350mm so its smaller than stock but not too small. im a big guy at 6' 3.5" so a super small steering wheel would suck cause my hands are pretty big. I actually love the size of this wheel. slightly smaller than stock so its much more responsive but its not too small. Idk its just the perfect size for my liking and i love the way it looks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did a bunch of maintenance and cleaned out the inside of my wheels with simple green .... like deep cleaned. I dont think they have ever been cleaned before and the brake dust was like baked on like an enamel. Sooooo much scrubbing.

and as usual just ignore the fact that theres an amazing supercharged k20 in the pics... I like his car a lot too lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts