Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, the check came today, and I wasted no time with it, lol.

1995 Ford Ranger
139,000 miles
1 owner
V6, auto 2wd :( (I was hoping for a 5spd)
long bed, AC, tool box, cassette deck... pretty basic

I looked at it for a couple days... I was kinda worried, and almost walked since the oil filter was actually starting to rust. I checked the oil though and it all looked clean. Hopefully it was just from sitting at dealers for a while. Seems like a good truck though <knocks on wood>

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Sweet. :)

Now at least you've got wheels. I'm tempted to suggest you should have waited it out a bit, until you found a truck with the features you wanted. But then, I don't know what kind of situation you were in.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pretty much needed a ride ASAP. 4wd would have been nice, but I made do without it before. The only trucks that were 5spds around my area were 4000 and up... but also MINT, or they were 1500 and the frame was rotting in half.

·
Registered
859 Posts
not a fan of rangers or anything by ford for that matter :p

if you don't mind how much did you give for it i am actually looking for a decent beater t-ruck

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never was either, til I drove it. I also did some research, apparently they are more reliable than the GMs

Book on her is around 4000, picked it up for 2

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats all I got for mu truck, the medical aspect is still open. I was also given the right to appeal their apraisal, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to attempt that.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Man... it would be awesome to own a truck. I don't even car what kind of truck. As long as it was powerful enough to haul a trailer with a CRX on it. I'm getting to the point now where my project car can only be transported by flatbed. LOL

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, apparently it'll tow 4750, 6000 with the towing package, which I don't believe it has.

If my CRX, on a trailor, weighs 4750 lbs, I'll be having some issues, and I'm not talking with the truck :p

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got to tow a bit with the truck today. Some older woman I'm guessing blew a headgasket on this morning's commute, in the middle of a 3 lane highway. I pulled in and played hero and tugged her off to the side of the road.

3300lb Olds Cutlass, towed it like it wasn't even there :) I had to keep checking the mirrors because I thought the tow strap came off.

sorry, just made me happy, lol

·
Registered
603 Posts
I am guessing that is a 3 liter or so, right? I know there is a 4 liter v6 and those have a nice amount of power for a little truck.
I was just looking at those in my area. Ther are about a million Ford Rangers for sale here in Deeeeetroit for super cheap.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea, its the 3.0 V6, autotragic... now that I think about it, I still had her in OD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts