Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While taking apart my motor, I found that I have excessive gap between the cylinder wall and the piston. Having never dealt with anything like this, I decided to consult some people(mainly Tom) and from what I here I should be getting my block bored and get oversized pistons. I'm not 100% on the numbers, but my haynes manuel says that standard bore is 2.9526"-2.9535". So If I had my cylinders bored .02", then I should be around 2.9726 right? I'm not sure if I should be clser to the smaller number of in the middle. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Oh, and if you know where I can get good replacement pistons that arnt expensive that would also be a great help.

·
Registered
952 Posts

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I'm not sure what you are planning, but IIRC you have a mini-me?

I got a set of P29s off ebay complete with rings and wrist pins for 130 shipped, brand new. The seller gave you a choice of wrings... standard, 20, or 40 over.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, its a mini me. Tom says go with high comp. pistons, but i'm planning on going turbo sometime, so i'm not exactly sure what i'm going to be doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.