Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just happened on a crx in a u-pull it type junk yard and it had perfect no rust rear quarters so i had them cut them out and they just cut off the rear clip and gave it to me 200 bucks. ok now that ive got that out sorry i was really pumped. whats the best way any of you know to try and seal them so the honda cancer wont return could i like rhino lin the inside and paint the out side i mean will that stop anything? any input would be helpful.

thank in advance

·
Registered
190 Posts
Rhino Lining would do it, but you've got to figure out how to weld it into place while not burning it all up.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
are you attempting to store them for later use, or installing them on your car now?

Por15 is your friend, especially if being installed now.

if you are storing them, you could spray them with WD-40, prime them and give them a quick coat of even rattle can, por15 them. Just make sure whatever you do can be removed easily when they are ready to install.

·
Registered
952 Posts
The main thing that ive seen that causes the rust is that lip gaurd on it. I also was thinking of spraying a lining in there because with the plastic one, water gets trapped in there and eats away at the paint. Using a spray in liner would solve that problem, at least i think.

Like rex2ner said, the hard part of por15 the inside is trying to weld it to the car and not burning it all off.

The two questions are, does the spray liner help and do you need to do anything on the inside if you go that route?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all good answers i was going to install them now but now i think i may wait till after winter unless someones garage opens up to do them soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.