Ok well it was a pretty easy install, but there's some bad news.
I broke 2 of the shocks. They are getting replaced for free with the warranty, but still it sucks. At the top of the rod there's a threaded part for the nut to go on, and the middle is hollow and takes an alan key. You hold it with the key and tighten the nut around it. Spec is 32 ft lbs. I couldn't get near that before the first one broke. The hex key was pushing too hard on the walls and it cracked down the middle, great. The other front one went on fine, and the left rear did too. Then the last one, right rear, same thing as the first one, but the whole hex part came off above the nut, leaving it screwed together firmly. For the final three, I didn't torque to spec, I got it tight as I could without worrying about it breaking. Anyway, I was able to adjust them since I worked them a little while they were off the car as instructed, so I got the settings I wanted before the things broke, 3 front 5 rear. When I was test driving, the broken front one (which was actually worse) decided to start spitting fluid all over my motor. I'm not happy about this (yes, maybe I should have gone with KYB!).
Anyway, I was surprised how easy the installation was. Everything came apart easily, not something I'm used to with the rex. My old suspension was shot. Both front springs were broken at the bottom coil, not enough to notice when they were mounted, but still broken. One of them wasn't sitting straight and was rubbing the shock body, which I think is the noise I've been hearing lately. The rears were much better, they still had the dust boots, and the springs have slightly deteriorating rubber covers, so they are actually in ok condition. All 4 struts are pretty bad, I can press them in easily and the front ones take a long time to come back up (at least a minute).
The nice thing about the ground controls is that I didn't need a spring compressor at all, I have 3, but 2 of them wouldn't fit between the coils on the stock springs, so I took them off without a compressor (no big deal, it barely moved). The Eibachs that come with the ground controls are the same, but they are so short they move freely when dialed down all the way, so it was no problem mounting them.
When I first put everything back together, I dialed the springs to the same height all around, and when I let it down, the back was near perfect, but the front was slammed. Like, the mudflaps were touching the floor, and it wasn't even all the way down the perch. I moved them up over an inch, and it's still low near the mudflaps, but the car sits nicely.
So, everyone really wants to know how they ride. I put the heavier springs in the back, and dialed the front shocks to 3 with the backs at 5. It drives like it's on rails, very bumpy rails. Yes, you do feel every little bump in the road with these things, and every pebble, every pothole. There is no wheel hop at all now. The car barely pitches under hard acceleration and braking (the rear wheels do not lock up any more). And the best part... no more understeer. I was going to get a ST sway bar, but I'm not sure at this point. I went to our usual autoX parking lot and did some low speed turning like I would at a race, and it was perfect in the corners, as soon as you let off the throttle the rear end comes around nicely. I really don't think it's too low, but the mudflaps do hit sometimes, but then again the roads around here suck. I'll probably take them off now that the weather is getting nicer anyway (but I like them a lot!).