Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this site from a friend on Redpepperracing.com (all about 1G CRX/3g Civics) and decided to stick around. I go to school during the day, work 2nd shift, and study at night so my Rex's needs have bben put off until January. My history is mostly Datsun Z-cars and CRX's, but I'm interested in anything that is well-built and of Japanese-origin. I've had an '85 CRX Si for about two years now and have done all the work on it and last weekend I picked up an '89 CRX HF for $800 and will begin a very comprehensive rebuild on it come January. The Si is my DD and is an awesome runner, 213k miles and still gets 40+ mpg. The HF is the exact opposite, I barely got it home and it didnt come in one piece :( In fact, due to a poor idle and shoddy clutch, it was wrecked within 5 minutes of ownership.....into the back of the previous owner! So if anyone has some HF parts lying around, send them my way as your parts are almost certainly in better condition than what's on the car. I could esp. use a low-mileage engine/tranny combo (the anemic HF 8-valve, D15B6 I believe). I'm located in central NC so look me up if you are local. Glad to join and eventually contribute to the community, Mak

PS. I'll eventually get some pics up of both cars, the HF especially is a see-to-believe situation, it looks like a theft recovery.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sweet another NC person! I'm really close to you (I go to UNCG).

Welcome to the board...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got back from a 1g CRX/3g Civic meet last Sunday, it was the second time I've been to it and it was a great at atmosphere, BBQ-style. Had it in Randleman, 60 mi east of me. If we had a 2G CRX meet, I'd have to bring the Si b/c I wouldn't trust the HF to make it out of the driveway w/o another incident. Mak

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Welcome yall... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts