Honda CRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to introduce myself, my name is Cory from Upstate Central NY.
Came over from "The COC" and i was also directed to this site by my father. He saw a CRX with a "Crx Community" sticker on it and told me about it. This is my 3rd Crx i have owned out of 10-11 or so other Hondas i have had. Currently between my fiance and I we only have 3 now :lol:

So here is the rundown:
Well since purchasing this car last year for $800, i have not been very swift with moving the project along.
Car had about 180k on the chassis and it came with a SOHC ZC in it. Car was fairly clean with just a touch of rust starting in the rear. Car is originally from MD, which explains how solid and clean the body and underbody still is.
It had some minor damage from the previous owner. The pass. fender, hood, corner light and bumper. Sourced those parts that needed replacement and have done so. Car currently sports a ghetto rattle can paint front end, but will be hitting the paint booth this end of summer/Fall. Need to get some rear 1/4 panel replacement pieces to resolve the very minor rust that has just started on the passenger side. Hopefully for winter 06-07 i will have the DOHC ZC swapped in place of the SOHC version that resides in there now.

UPDATED pics and stats:
1991 Crx Si
188k on the chassis
SOHC Zc Swap
GSR shift Knob
88-89 Crx Tail lights (look better IMO) with aftermarket clear center light painted black (no current pic of that)
JDM Side markers
94-95 GSR Rims Powdercoated white
Neuspeed Front upper strut brace
ExplicitSpeed.net Rear Upper and lower SOLID strut bars/braces.

Future plans, keeping it simple:
DOHC Zc swap
Thermal Research and Developement
Body and paint work completion
Updated and upgraded Audio, no crazy sound system, just good quality sounding aftermarket 2 or 3 way speakers.
Suspension upgrade
Clean and revamp the interior

This is def my long term project as it is slowly being pieced together. Not very many decent looking CRX's still around, yet alone in good shape, so this is what makes me wanna keep this car.

Some different random pics taken this winter/spring '06...

Tried something different a few months ago, made some DIY Red/Clear tails.

Came out pretty nice, but took them off, currently sportin the 88/89 US tails. I prefer the sublte differences over the 90-91 tails.

Another one of my DIY subtle mini projects:
Picked up a 1st gen(86-89) Integra Front lip from a local Salvage yard for , i think $7.00.
Wanted to try to fit it and use it for an "OEM Style" type of rear lip. So screwed it on the rear bumper and here it is. It did need to be forced to conform to the contour of the rear bumper, but nothing a little heat can't fix. It still needs to be trimmed, finished, give it a good once over with the heat gun to give it a more true fit, and i would like to mount it with some slightly larger self tapping screws, but you get the idea so far. I think it looks pretty decent and gives it a subtle change of appearance.

More recent pic with some more slight changes...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hey dude, welcome to the community! nice ride :D

wanted to ask you about your ExplicitSpeed.net Rear Upper and lower SOLID strut bars/braces... how do you like em???

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Welcome to the community! If you saw that sticker in Ithaca, on a Black 1990 Si perhaps, it was probably my old car. My friend who just bought it last week is from Ithaca, I know he's been out there a bit this week.

More Northeast people...

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
coldtotouch said:
Hey dude, welcome to the community! nice ride :D

wanted to ask you about your ExplicitSpeed.net Rear Upper and lower SOLID strut bars/braces... how do you like em???
Well when i actually get them and put them on, i'll let ya know. Can't wait to get them.

downest said:
Welcome to the community! If you saw that sticker in Ithaca, on a Black 1990 Si perhaps, it was probably my old car. My friend who just bought it last week is from Ithaca, I know he's been out there a bit this week.

More Northeast people...
I am guessing it prob was, he didn't say.
That is def cool as hell, we def need more Northeast and especially more Upstate Central NY activity!

·
Registered
114 Posts
welcome.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Welcome Baker! Glad you Joined.

Make sure to check the FAQ's at the top of each thread. Tons of usefull information there! :)b

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.