Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello CRX COMMUNITY!! :D

My names Scottie & I just purchased my first car dun dun dun ... a 1990 CRX DX for $1200 usd @ 124,xxx miles this past Sunday. The car's in pretty good shape exterior wise, its black..but the only draw backs lay in the interior. the previous owner had MANY dogs, so there is hair everywhere. (whats the secret to get that out? )
The whole trunk portion of the crx is gone also( i guess you call it the hatch cover and floor) .. and the floor lining over the spare tire area is gone also. I do have that trunk compartment, which is directly behind the seats that need the key to unlock it. other than that its in pretty good shape. Im hoping to learn more about my car on this forum, as I see many good topics and such on about almost everything. Youll see my new topics soon! hehe :nod:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Welcome!

Its good to see another late nighter! Im sure you will learn a lot in due time.

I would just recommend a lot of time for the fur. Goto one of the quarter machine washer and they should have a relativly higher powered vaccum rather than regular ones. Its what I use and it works on most furs/hair/dirt.

Good luck and welcome again!

·
Registered
177 Posts
To get out dog fur, vacuum as best you can and then use a welders steel bristle brush and "comb" the carpet. I have a Golden Retriever so I have to do this to my wife's van every 6 mos. The carpet looks like new when finished. Takes time but the results are worth it. The dog isn't allowed in my cars.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Welcome Scottie. Ya, I just use the shop vac and a brush on my mom's cars. She takes the dogs everywhere.

·
Registered
114 Posts
welcome and i also have a 1990 crx dx

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
wow.....car looks great for only $1200....welcome to the community

·
Registered
257 Posts
cool..and welcome. more than likely you will be puttin some wrench time into this car...which means you should go buy that hand cleaner..gojo I think..its orange..and it usually has a blue scrubber thing that is plastic attached to it. Well that thing, although rather small is actually really good at getting up pet hair as well as scrubbing your hands. I like killing two birds with one stone so go get ya a bottle :wink:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Jonny_Black said:
cool..and welcome. more than likely you will be puttin some wrench time into this car...which means you should go buy that hand cleaner..gojo I think..its orange..and it usually has a blue scrubber thing that is plastic attached to it. Well that thing, although rather small is actually really good at getting up pet hair as well as scrubbing your hands. I like killing two birds with one stone so go get ya a bottle :wink:
Hahahahhaa!

So thats the advise, eh? hand cleaner? :lol: Well, at least you described it nicely.. :p

Good call though! :twisted:

JJ: Welcome to the site, and good luck with the project! We'll be here to help when/where you need it!

·
Registered
257 Posts
well he did ask about getting up pet hair..and that little plastic thing will work great......and after he is done..he will be able to clean his hands with gojo...lol

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
tape works great for pet hair. . . doe snot matter that kind masking, duct, slectricla strapping, packing, clear, cassette, ( oops well not the last one) just pull out about a foot of it lay it down , pull it up and move section by section and it will suck it right up. . ... workd great on clothers too. . . .

Chris

BTW nice car for the price i am jealous. . .you did well . .. . hope she is good to you . .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.