Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its Ghetto but it works you can use 3m window weld to fill in that motor mount. just fill it all in solid and let it dry. . . . Prob would be best to just buy a new mount though not sure what one costs.. . .prob not much. . .
there was an article on here about window welding the motor mounts. .. . but more for a more solid feel of a good mount not as a fix for a broken one. . .. but it should still work . .

Chris

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Yes, you can use it to repair mounts. I even went so far as to melt/burn all the old rubber out of the front mount before filling it. Just be sure to measure where the center pin should be and set up a rig so the pin sticks out equally on both sides of the mount while the urethane dries.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone have an idea what a mount costs. . . . . its late and the Ap store is closed or else i would call and post it. . . . . It might be cheaper than the window weld. . . . i cant imaging that that stuff is that cheap . .
Chris

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Front mount was about $50 CDN, and the bigger mounts around around $80 CDN each. I had to replace them all on my project car because the previous owner and transformed them into solid metal mounts (no rubber!!!) The vibration to the cab was absolute murder!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I can imagine that that was murder. . .. My v8 vega i put solid mounts in. . . . . .deth trap for the street. . .. .nice solid feel though .. .

I like the idea of the windows weld. . . . for stiffing up the crappy stock mounts. . . . .they should a LEAST be solid rubber from the factory and not half hollow. . . . .this is a great idea. . . . im going to be doing it here soon. .. . . and see what kinda mileage I get. . . . i think the stiffer feel will be nice. . . .. and less shifter binding crap when reefing on it. .

CHris

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
i bought the driverside and front mount from honda before i went b16. guy cut me a break and got both for about $55-60. thats been a few years back though.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I used this body seam adhesive from work that is awesome.
It is stiff enough that it "feels" like a solid mount but,not that solid metal stiff feel.
I have a few tubes.
If your close I'll send ya a tube.
I'll get the name of the stuff at work later today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts