Honda CRX Forum banner
2021 - 2037 of 2037 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Dude this car has come a long ways since I have been on here.
do you still have your 4Runner? I sold mine about a year after I saw you on the 4Runner forum. But since then I bought another CRX. It’s not bad but nothing like my old blade silver one. Your BBC at has always been an inspiration of mine.

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,023 ·
Dude this car has come a long ways since I have been on here.
do you still have your 4Runner? I sold mine about a year after I saw you on the 4Runner forum. But since then I bought another CRX. It’s not bad but nothing like my old blade silver one. Your BBC at has always been an inspiration of mine.
Thanks!
Good to hear you bought another CRX!
Yup, I still have the 4Runner. I recently installed some fiberglass fenders, and it's currently at the paint shop. Here are a couple photos from when I installed the fenders a few weeks ago.
Some bits (like the roof rack, and lighting) were already removed at this point, in preparation for paint.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Oh man it looks amazing. I can’t wait until it comes back for paint to see how she looks.
I wish I had my 4 runner I loved the baby blue color it was but now I have another CRX so I’m still happy.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,027 ·
It’s a DX and bone stock which is what I was looking for. It’s so hard to fine stock CRX’s anymore.
Congrats on the new CRX! Looks like a great base to work from!

So I'm not the only one with 4runner feelings too

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
There are certainly more than a few of us EF guys who also have a 4Runner or Tacoma.
Here in SoCal, it seems like just about every "tuner guy" also has an offroad Toyota these days! lol

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,031 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,032 ·
I don't have any updates on the CRX...but since my last post was about getting the 4Runner ready for paint, I figure I might as well update you guys on that.

It took a solid month at the paint shop, and another couple weeks at the detail shop for the cut & buff process. It was the longest I'd been without the 4Runner in the 10 years that I've had it. But it was worth the wait. Man, I love this color! It's from the Amazon delivery vans. Non-metallic gray with a tint of blue.

I also had my bumpers re-powdercoated. I'm still in the process of getting everything back together, and I haven't had the chance to re-install the swing-out yet. But here's where I'm at so far:

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Grille

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car

Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side-view mirror

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,037 ·
There has been a ton going on over the past year, and I haven't done much with the CRX. So no real updates. But here are a few recent photos:

Even though I've had this CRX for 13+ years, and the 4Runner for 10 years....this was the first time I've actually had them in the same photo together! lol
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light

I'm not really a car show guy, but the annual Japanese Classic Car Show here in SoCal is a different story. It's such a cool group of actual enthusiasts. It's not just about having the most JDM parts, or the most period-correct numbers-matching restoration. They embrace all styles and builds. This year, the judges saw something in mine, and graced my CRX with a 2nd place trophy. I really just went to hang out with friends, with no intentions of actually placing. So it was a nice surprise when they called my name...especially given the caliber of the CRX's that were in attendance.

Here are a few photos of the CRX from that day.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Font Motor vehicle Publication Book Automotive design

Also, gotta give a shout out to my brother in law @synergy10 who was showing his super clean CRX that day as well:
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

2021 - 2037 of 2037 Posts