Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shanghai'd into working on a friend's '94 Accord LX. We *think* it's the distributor/igniter, so I've got the old distributor out and am waiting on her to get the right replacement to put in. My question is this:

What is the plug wire layout on the distributor cap? I stupidly *assumed* it was probably the same as on a Civic, but I'm not really willing to bet on that. :) What I was thinking was that, looking at the distributor cap from the passenger side of the car, the wires would be like this:

3 4

1 2

It's an F22B2 engine, automatic transmission, and the distributor has the ignition coil EXTERNAL to the distributor (which I found a bit odd, and which seems a bit "backwards" for a newer Honda...)

Anyway, Heu, anyone? Any help? The sooner I get this car fixed for her, the sooner my evenings will be free.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
There should be a letter "C" molded into the cap next to one of the posts... that is the #1 post, and the firing order is the same from there.

Of course there is nothing quite like visual confirmation... pull the cap, set the engine to #1 TDC (or to the appropriate mark on the crank pulley for 15deg btdc or whatever if you're wanting to be more picky about it), and have a looksy ;)

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
ComposiMo said:
There should be a letter "C" molded into the cap next to one of the posts... that is the #1 post, and the firing order is the same from there.

Of course there is nothing quite like visual confirmation... pull the cap, set the engine to #1 TDC (or to the appropriate mark on the crank pulley for 15deg btdc or whatever if you're wanting to be more picky about it), and have a looksy ;)
I would go with the second method. One of the dizzy caps I have for the Y8 head has the C in the wrong spot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.