Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can all tell I'm a NOOB and that's not such a bad thing because you get to be awed and amazed by all the new things I will get to do! I purchased my Rex about a week or two before I left for Iraq (currently in the Air Force) and have been dying to get back and start working on it! It is an '88 DX that needs a LOT of TLC! Pretty much the entire interior needs to be gutted, the engine needs to be replaced and it needs some body work and a new paint job. So I have my work cut out for me but it is also something that I am really looking forward to doing! The only issue is that I have a very, very limited budget and while I have read and drooled over some of the ideas that are presented in some of the forums I can't afford to do them at this time! I plan on doing what I can for about $3000.00, it has to be comforable because not only is this my project car but my main one too! My wife has her own and I sold my other one to get this and get some money for something that I have wanted for a long time (since I was old enough to like cars!!!).
Like I said, I am a NOOB and I am open to any and all suggestions! I have already posted once and gotten some replies for the which I say thank you. I am planning on making this a car that I can pass on to my future children someday (if they still let us use gasoline by that future date!) and it is something that I will absolutly have fun driving in the meantime!! Someday I will make it something to fear on the roads but for now it's something that is to give me something fun to do, something fun to drive and something to get my wife excited with!! :wink:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
crxgator said:
moving to idaho?!?! :shock:
I don't see why not?
Everything you'd need and more. Affordable housing. Low unemployment rate. Low crime rate. (Thanks Mark) They have 4 actual seasons. No humidity, so my crx won't rot away where it stands. And absolutely fabulously scenic drives across the planes and into the mountains.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome Wannabe. And thanks for your Iraq service - what you guys do is much appreciated back home and we probably don't tell you enough.

I think you'll be amazed what you can do with 3 grand with all the help you'll get here.

Welcome indeed!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Its me DUB said:
Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado...all very beautiful states.
Wyoming for sure!!! B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Above is the Powder River Pass in the Big Horns. Of course, riding my Honda

Above, Yellowstone Lake, canoeing down the east finger about 16 miles. Yearly trip for me. Plus you get to pet Grizzlys! :shock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.