Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Keep me posted on your fuel situation. Ive got a a6/y8 mini me that isnt running good and Im waiting to get a conv harness. Ive got a p28 but im not sure if I just want to stay obd0.

Ive been lurking in your mini-me threads and I hope you have better luck than I did!

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Lmao, im not going to even bother with telling you my setup. It such an embarassment.

Its a y8....thats about it! lol

Ive got a stupid rpm activated switch, still running on pm6 maps. My timing is off(i think) and its making a HORRIBLE ratting noise (or something that sounds like it) at WOT. No one can diagnose it, or is willing to help for that much. Ive got a p28 and a y8 dist, but the p28 i need a conv harness and they are effing expensive,and the y8 dist is obd2a so I duno wtf im going ot do about that.

Yet im in china and my car isnt being driven, just turned over once in a while. So when I get home I either might fix my noise or go back to stock and get headwork done. I still have a supercharger waiting in my garage also so its just 1 huge downer for me because I cant fix it by myself and no one can help.

LMK how YOURS goes because youll prob have better luck than me,

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Both mini me's but y8 has a higher compression rate than the z6. Both are from different years of 'vtec' and bother come from different ecu's. Of course if anything is different on and engine you must compensate, so the y8 ecu maps are different from the z6 but both can be operated by a p28.

If someone else could shed some light, that would be great because I havnt been looking at anything mini-me related for a good 2-3 months now, and I wont be for at least another 2 more months. So im rusty on technical stuff. Yet those are the basic differences in the 2 heads.

I used to know the exact #'s for the compression but im sure honda perf has those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.