Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH.

Saw an '88 HF sitting/rotting under a tree in a guys yard and wanted it badly but never stopped because I figured I would get one of those "she ain't for sale" stories. A couple years passed and finally passed by one day a saw a FS sign on her. Called the number and bought it on the spot for $100. It was just a shell with an Si transmission and horrid interior.
The title was botched by the guy I bought it from and I had to track down the original owner to get a new one. He's a missionary that frequently visits India so this took a while. It all worked out though and now I'm the 2nd registered owner.
I've replaced most of the interior although the floor mats came with the car.
TIME FOR PICS...

First Swap I went with the non vtec SOHC ZC. Turned out to be a wonderful engine that I greatly enjoyed.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you sir. I like the hx wheels but I'm diggin the saws. They are in exceptional condition and I appear to be the only one with them. I am partial to the white slips. http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22698
Bronze would contrast the NH-512Z well too I think.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I WANT!! Looks like its off to a great start. I need to find me an '88 hf!! Planning to own: '88 HF, '89 DX, '90 SI, '91 siR :)b

Need the HF and siR to complete :D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
schwinnrex said:
holy 4x4 stance batman! get that thing lowered lol
Yea, right now she rocks like a boat. I would get some springs but I think I may hold out for some tein super street coilovers.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jfrolang said:
nurburSTIG said:
I think I may hold out for some tein super street coilovers.
You can do better than that. Teins aren't worth the hype.
What would you suggest?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jfrolang said:
nurburSTIG said:
I think I may hold out for some tein super street coilovers.
You can do better than that. Teins aren't worth the hype.
What would you suggest?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Raced my neighbor the other day on a private road.. He has a '91 aws Prelude si. First we went on my jump and I got him by 3-4 cars through 3rd gear. Then we left on his jump and I got him by 2-3 cars. He complained saying he spun too hard but the further we went the further I pulled on him. Oh well, chalk another one up for the home team. :)b

1 - 20 of 219 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.